Sign in to follow this  
bell

Unexpected haul...

bell

I was out in the garage, fumbling through pieces of two tecumseh carburetors... trying to put one together for the 606. A good friend of mine stopped by and said that he was ready to sell some stuff. I had been trying to get a RJ off of him for about 8 years now... He said that he would sell it to me, so we jumped in our trucks and headed to his place. Here's what I brought home!

chesterhaul006.jpg

chesterhaul007.jpg

chesterhaul008.jpg

chesterhaul009.jpg

chesterhaul010.jpg

chesterhaul011.jpg

bell

You're not going to believe this...

After we got done loading everything, we went out back to look around and I spotted a 1045. He said that he would sell it to me for X amount and it seemed a little low... We were looking at it and talking. He told me about how the spindle bearings went out on his Power King and he was looking for something to mow with. He gave me a heck of a deal on the other stuff, so I offered him one of my better running/ mowing tractors in trade... the 1257. He's delivering the 1045 and picking up the 1257 on Thursday! :scratchead:

100409_16472.jpg

100409_16473.jpg

Kelly

Very nice haul, see the 1045's are not that hard to find, and it looks to be in nice shape, how are the duels mounted? factory adaptors? is that grader for a D? want to sell that seat????

chazm

Jon looks like you hit the JACKPOT !!!!! :hide:

chaz :scratchead:

pond195520032003

Jon, would you be interested in selling the D grader blade? email me at pond195520032003@yahoo.com Greg

fireman

Talking about stepping in "IT". That's an awsome score :scratchead:

Gene_S

Wow Jon you did step in it, like Fireman said... :hide:

I have a D-series belly blade just like that for my D-200... Very neat attachment!

Nice score... :scratchead:

Thanks,

Gene :ychain:

perry

looks like ya had a good day....lot'of goodys :scratchead: .

i never seen a D-series grader .

KeithB

nice tractors

Lane Ranger

Jon: Looks like I need to park a camping trailer across from your house so I can catch some of these deals! You attract these wheel horses like flies to butter! :scratchead:

d180man

Hi nice stuff ! :scratchead: :hide:

bell

Thanks fellas... I'm still in shock a bit. It was a GREAT weekend! :scratchead:

Kelly, I didn't look at the dual adapters too close, I was too busy looking at how straight and solid the rest of the tractor is. He said it even runs good! Said it smoked a bit, but so do I. :hide: I'm going to put the seat on my B-80. Sorry.

Greg, I though it looked a little different. I wondered if it was for a "D"... He said he had it on a round hood many years ago. I would probably trade it for a non D series one. I'm going to try it and see if it will work on my B-80 without modifying it.

Lane, Come on over! I'll drag out the extension cord! :ychain: I just don't know what it is... A little luck maybe? I'm thinking there are a LOT more out there than one would imagine...

pond195520032003

Jon, keep me in mind if you decide to sell it! in the mean time i will try to find one to fit your tractors to trade! thanks Greg

W9JAB

:scratchead: Love them hub caps do you what to part with them?

stevasaurus

Jon...I noticed an Allis Chalmers orange pumpkin on your monument tractor

in the background. Just like my house...if there is a flat spot...something will be put on it. Looks great...and I love the hubcaps.

I think Kelly is going to move by you...you got him drulling. :scratchead:

Brian1045

Damn you Jon :scratchead:

You are like the leprechaun at the end of the pot of gold. How do you do it? :hide:

That 1045 seems to be all original, except for the seat. Nice find brotha!

bell

Thanks fellers...

I'm going to keep the hubcaps... I think they'll look great repainted to linen beige with the chrome horse in the middle... They'll probably be going on Courtney's purple 1075... "PURPLE!?", you say? She wanted to paint it green. :scratchead: After a little discussion about another brand, she changed her mind to purple... :ychain: It is a variation of Red... lol

Steve, I don't think Kellys drooling too much... Have you ever seen group pics of his collection? :ychain: I sat the pumpkin on it to prepare for Halloween... Now I just need to get some corn stalks and a couple more pumpkins... and a frankenstein dummy to pose on it.... :hide:

Brian, I have come to the conclusion that I am one lucky S.O.B.... I just keep finding them! Hopefully it will slow down a bit... I'm having trouble finding time to work on them. Yep, it seems to be in pretty decent shape! Luckily, I have been saving some square pan seats... :ychain:

CasualObserver

Steve, I don't think Kellys drooling too much... Have you ever seen group pics of his collection? :scratchead:

Click here.... and remember this was nearly two years ago!

bell

Well, 1045 #3 is home! Here are some questionably better pics...

1045home004.jpg

1045home005.jpg

1045home006.jpg

1045home007.jpg

wheel horse 1045

Click here.... and remember this was nearly two years ago!

and that was before he started collecting :hide: