Sign in to follow this  
D3R3K

paint

D3R3K

my mother works at duron, so i am going to buy paint from there. does anyone know what the paint color or mix's are if not would i be able to print a picture off the internet and have her match it with the machine??

KyBlue

youll have to check with them, but they might be able to cross over a paint code, from another mfg, like DuPont or PPG... or maybe color match a sample you bring in

captjake

Your computer printer will not give an accurate paint sample. Computer printers can only print so many shades of red. Buy some Rustoleum "Regal Red" or Tractor supply store Valspar "IH red". Then spray it on some paper. Then they should be able to color scan that with the machine.

Most of the guys on here believe those two colors match close enough.

D3R3K

thank you guys

bork

Is the "regal red" found at wal-mart? They sell rustoleum. Is my 1057 same shade of red? Thanks

Michael Bullington

well im going to give my 2 cents on the Regal Red and the IH International Red...I have tested parts with both colors and will not be painting none of my tractors with either color...The IH Red color is not deep enough red ,,,and the Regal has too much brown for me...The better color is the Krylon Cherry Red or Im using a Valspar Berry Red....Anyway this is a large debate and noone is correct...The best way to find out what is right for you is the buy a can of each test on a piece of flat metal and pick the Red you like! But most agree the IH Red now is not the same as it was years ago.

Good Luck

KyBlue

Or just use the Code for WH Red and get it custom mixed... just depends on how 'right' you want it to be, or how much $$ your gonna spend...

linen beige

Or just use the Code for WH Red and get it custom mixed... just depends on how 'right' you want it to be, or how much $$ your gonna spend...

Just one question Scott. Which year of Wheel Horse red. It's changed a bit through the years.

KyBlue

Since they didnt really have a formula in the early years... it'd kinda have to be the later years wouldnt it Jim..

linen beige

What I was getting at is that since "Wheel Horse Red" has not actually been a consistent color through the years anyone using a mixing code needs to know what year range that code was derived from in order to hope for a close match.

Having paint mixed to match the unfaded paint that gets uncovered during most restorations is probably the best approach.