Sign in to follow this  
chakka141

Hydro Interchangability V8 to V7 Charger

chakka141

I am new to this forum, what a great place to share Wheel Horse information. I am in the middle of a full restoration of a Charger V7 that was once my dad's. It is the first vehicle I ever drove and I used to practically pay him to let me mow the lawn!

My question is: I am trying to remove the rear wheels and they are stuck firmly on the axles. The set screws are out. collars loose and they will not budge. I picked up a 6 ton press to convince them to separate but if this fails there is a V8 hydro unit on Ebay and I could convert to bolted on rims. Will a V8 hydro fit into the V7 frame? They look identical.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Tgblanken

I am new to this forum, what a great place to share Wheel Horse information. I am in the middle of a full restoration of a Charger V7 that was once my dad's. It is the first vehicle I ever drove and I used to practically pay him to let me mow the lawn!

My question is: I am trying to remove the rear wheels and they are stuck firmly on the axles. The set screws are out. collars loose and they will not budge. I picked up a 6 ton press to convince them to separate but if this fails there is a V8 hydro unit on Ebay and I could convert to bolted on rims. Will a V8 hydro fit into the V7 frame? They look identical.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Yes they are the same. They are interchangable. The only difference was the axles, hubs and rims. The V8's had 20 inch tall tires and the V7's had 16 inch tall tires. The hubs on the earlier V8's were welded on and used thread in bolts.

Hope this helps.

Terry the Vertical Shaft Guy

chakka141

Thanks Terry,

My press should arrive today and I will give it a shot but am not optimistic. It would be nice to convert to a bigger rear bolt on style wheel anyways.

Chris