Sign in to follow this  
whfan74

The new shop is getting started!

WHC-125

HOLY $HIT!!!!! I could only dream of having a barn like that :scratchead: Looks great and your making amazing progress cant wait to see it filled up with horses :hide:

Suburban 550

What a beauty Scott. :ychain: Somethin' to be proud of. The only thing I see wrong in the pictures is you're gonna have to buy alot more horses to fill it up. :hide: Looks great, buddy. :scratchead:

whfan74

Thanks guys! I am sure Dad, and Mom for that matter, are going to be really suprised to see what all of their money has been going to. It has truly been a cool thing to see, phase by phase.

Well more Horse's will make it in there when it is ready to go with some of the finishing touches done on the inside.

Thanks for sharing in the enjoyment with me! You guys are great! :scratchead:

stevasaurus

outstanding pole barn...my 2 cents...you can not have enough outlets and lights.

At my dad's pole barn, I am always pulling an extention cord for a trouble light

and/or to plug something in. Pain in the arm. :scratchead:

Wish you lived closer...I could help you fill that up...a boat, classic car, another boat, etc. :hide:

whfan74

Steve,

We are hoping to have plenty of outlets and lights. I am sure it still won't be enough. You never know until you need it.

Hey we like classic cars :scratchead: ........just leave the keys under the floor mat and we will make sure it is safe and sound! :hide:

earlleecliffton

i want one whaaaaaa

Gerry w

Built in paint shop?? Outside air blower??? cabinets with outlets above, a deep, double sink, shower, oh yes, most important, a POLE......... :scratchead: quite nice work area, makes those horses look small,

almost forgot........I'll need my trailer back! :hide:

Gene_S

Looks great Scott! Can't wait to sit in a lawn chair and eat a hot dog there next year! :scratchead:

Thanks,

Gene :hide:

whfan74

Thanks guys! Sounds like we will see some more things done by the end of the week! WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!

The other horses are jealous to be left out of their new home. They will soon be all together.

Well it was asked before on where are the other horses.............well they are in a few different places:

My small shed, my garage, my parents garage, along with parts and attachements in their garage and my trailer in another barn. YIKES!!!!!

Hey Gene...........don't pull my chain on the hot dog eating. We are going to make that a reality. Gives us a good reason to talk tractors and eat!

Have a great week everyone! :scratchead:

whfan74

Stopped out to the barn to see what was going on and what has been done so far.

The interior wall was framed on Wednesday and the electicians have been out there yesterday and will be wrapping things up today! :scratchead:

Here is the interior wall that will seperate the one car garage/storage area from the shop.

interiorwall.jpg

And of course the box has been mounted with electric already run from the house to this point. Now all it takes is wiring everything up and soon we will have light! :ychain:

electricbox.jpg

Things are moving right along.............

Between now and next Thursday there will be braces placed along the walls that will help support the OSB that will be hung. Next Thursday if I heard correctly there will be spray foam insulation put on the walls along with a vapor lock and added insulation on top of the foam. We are hoping to have this a nice, warm, quiet place...........well at least quiet to those that are on the outside.

After next Thursday the steel ceiling will be installed followed by OSB and lighting. The OSB as many of you know will be painted close to the Linen Beige color (thanks guys for the help with this and thank you Mike for the paint code.) I am hoping that in 2 weeks from today we will be planning our attack on moving the horses in to their new home. :hide:

Thanks for sharing and putting up with this!

stevasaurus

Scott...thinking an open pole barn party in the spring...would love to see this in person. :scratchead:

whfan74

Steve,

Don't be thinking about it.........start preparing for it. Once we can get mom and dad settled in down here we are going to have a get together for tractor enthusiasts some Saturday afternoon. So get your lawn chair dusted off and work up your appetite now!

Hope you and so much more can attend the festivities. Will definitely be posting info next spring about a get together! Now I know we have to get organized! :scratchead:

Suburban 550

Wish I lived closer Scott, for the open house festivities. :scratchead: Lookin' good, my friend. :hide:

whfan74

Progress has been held up a bit, but we are getting close on moving things in.

Friday the spray foam was placed. Monday rolled insulation will be placed and the metal ceiling will start to be hung.

Possibly next weekend we will be rolling things in to their places. :hide:

Here are a couple of pictures of the foam. It sure does cut down on the noise from the outside and is starting to firm up the building even more.

sprayfoam.jpg

In this second picture you can see the stringers that have been placed to help support and hang the OSB this week. Sure will make a difference. :scratchead:

sprayfoam-1.jpg

wheel horse 1045

looking great scott

bitten

That spray in foam sure is nice. We had it done on our old house and man what a difference it made. Looks like they are moving right along. Have you decided were to put your cot at? :scratchead:

whfan74

Hey 1045...........thanks, it is getting there! :scratchead:

Bitten........Yeah that spray foam seems to already be making a difference. Starting to firm things up and quiet things down from the outside. They are cruising right along and we will see if they meet their goal of finishing things up by this coming Saturday afternoon. They still have a bit to go to get it done.

Cot???? Who needs a cot when we already have a couch, lazy-boy recliner, and a table and 4 chairs to put in there! :hide:

whfan74

Just took a gander at the building. Insulation has been stuffed in the walls with a plastic vapor barrier placed on top. They are working on putting the cupalo's (sp?) on top of the building. Tomorrow the steel ceiling will be started and hopefully be done by Wednesday. Then on to the OSB.....hopefully will be done by Friday!!!!!!! Just need the lights hung after that and the recepts placed and wired up in the boxes.

It is getting so close now that it is hard to be patient. Dad is able to get away and come down for a few days this weekend. Will be bringing some tool boxes and shelving to help start the organization. He has seen pictures, but it will be priceless to see his face when he actually sees the barn itself.

I know you are reading this Dad so make sure you take your blood pressure medicine! :scratchead:

Confused99

Looks great. I am going to need one of those if I keep picking up tractors like I have been lately.

whfan74

Thanks Jason a lot sure has changed in a short amount of time. If you need space to store anything just swing on through Indiana! :scratchead::hide: Congrats on the 312!!!!

Confused99

I will let you know when I run out of room :scratchead:

stevasaurus

Looks like you are on track for beating the weather...keep cracking that whip. :scratchead:

whfan74

Jason......I won't hold my breath! :hide:

Steve.....I think we might just make it. I will be sure to post some pictures by the end of the week. Not much to see right now but should look vastly different by Saturday! :scratchead:

whfan74

Well I was able to watch the outside go up so quickly and was thankful that I have such a great group of people here to share the excitement with.

When the outside was done so quickly it was extremely tough to be patient to wait to get everything else done. I have been really happy with the progress that has taken place. The most important thing is Mom is starting to heal but is going to have a long road ahead. She has a great attitude about it so that is real encouraging.

Tomorrow will be a great day! Dad is heading down from Michigan and will get to see his new barn for the very first time. I can't wait to see the look on his face.

Well I had the chance to take a peak at the progress and had a grin so big that some of you a couple of states away might have been able to see it! :WRS: My exact words to my folks was "I felt like a 4 year old waking up on Christmas morning!"

Well let's get to it and share some photos............

This first picture is one corner with the OSB hung. On the floor you can see the two cupola's (sp?) that were installed this afternoon on the top of the barn. The search is on at this point for some nice tractor weather vanes that will be placed on the top.

corner-1.jpg

Here we have a view from just inside the garage door looking in towards the workshop area. The OSB was completely finished today. As you can see the steel ceiling has been placed this week as well as some of the banks of lights already mounted to the ceiling. Thanks to our contractor he just wanted to get rid of all of these lights and bulbs free of charge to us. We are so extremely grateful! The windows just have a rough cut and were routered the rest of the way out to give cleaner lines.

workshop.jpg

Here is another closer shot of the ceiling installed with some of the lights mounted directly to the ceiling. We should have working lights possibly tomorrow or Saturday at the latest.

lights.jpg

We decided to plan ahead for some more storage area and had a drop down ladder placed in the ceiling. Even if it is only for things like Christmas decorations, we now at least have access to the attic.

dropdownladder.jpg

Well to help air flow in the summer and pushing the heat back down in the winter time I thought it would be a good idea to throw up a couple of ceiling fans. Not too much to cause a wind and dust storm but just enough to keep things pleasant. Those will be up by tomorrow night.

fans.jpg

Found out the local Menards had a good sale going on for some of their overhead heaters. Picked up a brand new 75,000 BTU unit and will have it hung. Running gas line to it will probably happen next spring/summer.

heater.jpg

Tomorrow primer and paint should start going up on the OSB. :thumbs: After that the R30 blown insulation will be placed in the ceiling. Interior wall door will be placed, recepts wired in to the boxes and switch plate covers finally put on. The order was given that tractors might be able to start finding their way in to their new home Monday evening. :notworthy:

We will have to see what happens about the big move.........stay tuned!

Sorry for the long post............again I am that little kid in the candy store right now!

TJ

I think I need to tear my garage down and start over. You are going to love the fans come July. :notworthy:

Tom