Sign in to follow this  
Doubletrouble

Great idea for a cup can/bottle holder

Doubletrouble

I recently decided I needed a can/bottle holder for my '71 workhorse. I did not want to drill into any sheet metal on the tractor so it would have to be "portable" so to speak. I was looking around my garage and came up with the following idea.

I took an empty r-134(automotive refrigerant) can. 12oz. I think. I cut the top off and a coke can fits down in there just right. I then of course painted it IH red to match the tractor. I then took a magnet off the bottom of an old mag. mount cb antenna. It fit perfectly onto the bottom of my modified a/c can. I glued a peice of rubber sheet on to the magnet so it doesn't scratch the paint. Now I have a beverage holder I can mount anywhere or on anything metal. No cost to me, I used stuff I already had lying around. Just thought I'd share my lil invention.

• Like 1

Save Old Iron

Maybe a little rubber or plastic edging on the cut area of the refrig can and you are all set !!

Next step is to insulate the can and add some refrigeration to the holder

thus the madness begins ....................

Doubletrouble

Could get one of those 12 volt cooler/fridge things from the truck stops and run it to keep your beverage cold. Put a rack to hold it right behind the seat...LOL :scratchead:

69DEZ

If there is no pictures......It's not real... :scratchead:

Rollerman

Bill good idea on the can holder.

I picked up one of those foam can/bottle cozy's at some point with a suction cup underneath it.

Works great for the Horses.

lotus1967

Doesn't dust get into your beverage while mowing? We need to come up with some way to cover the can, or tumbler. Shouldn't be too hard. Maybe just some plastic wrap and a rubber band.

BTW: Great idea on the beverage holder.