Sign in to follow this  
D3R3K

c-160 muffler

D3R3K

does anyone have or know the part number for the muffler on a c-160?

dgoyette

I am showing part number 102258. Likely available though toro but pn likely superceded.

Duff

102258 is the correct number. Jack's Small Engines shows them as available but at $107.00. I can't imagine what the Toro price will be. OUCH! :ychain:

I'd keep an eye on Fleabay to see if someone is parting out a machine, and/or throw something in our "wanted" section here at Red Square. :hide:

Duff :scratchead:

dgoyette

While on the subject I wanted to see if anyone else thinks it is a less than ideal set up.

First it just does not sit well for me to have that hot exhaust fun right under the carb. A stuck needle can sent gasoline flooding onto a hot muffler.

Second having the hot hot exhaust sitting directly under the air intake robs the engine of power! Hot air always makes less power.

Unless you are restoring or a stickler for original parts I might look for other options. I also am not overly impressed with the muffler for sound. My C-160 is pretty loud with the OEM muffler.

D3R3K

right now i have one of the cheap salt shaker mufflers but it needs a longer pipe and a bend, cause it is burning the hood, and melted the lense =(

D3R3K

does anyone know where i can buy an elbow like a 45 or a 90 that will fit the exhaust tube coming out of the manifold that is there now?

TT

does anyone know where i can buy an elbow like a 45 or a 90 that will fit the exhaust tube coming out of the manifold that is there now?

Did you try a hardware or plumbing store?

Standard one inch "black pipe" is all you need.

(you'll have to remove the original nipple from the block if you haven't already.)

Electro12WH

Stanley Muffler makes a muffler for the 9N Ford tractor ( model# FO 11) that looks very nice. It's 3 1/2" x 11" with 1 1/2" inlet and outlet. Aluminized steel.

gwgdog66

Stanley Muffler makes a muffler for the 9N Ford tractor ( model# FO 11) that looks very nice. It's 3 1/2" x 11" with 1 1/2" inlet and outlet. Aluminized steel.

Mine had several pin holes in it. I went to TSC and got a Stanley IH1 muffler and some 1 inch pipe and elbows and converted mine to a stack muffler. It seems to have more power now that the heat is away from the carb and air intake.

I've been planning on taking some pictures, but keep forgetting. :scratchead:

tgranthamfd

Mine had several pin holes in it. I went to TSC and got a Stanley IH1 muffler and some 1 inch pipe and elbows and converted mine to a stack muffler. It seems to have more power now that the heat is away from the carb and air intake.

I've been planning on taking some pictures, but keep forgetting. :hide:

Hey brother ( gwgdog66) my camera was sitting there all last weekend and most of this one. :scratchead: His stack does look pretty cool on there.

D3R3K

ok, all i want is like a 45 then a extension so my muffler is'nt burning my hood anymore

gwgdog66

ok, all i want is like a 45 then a extension so my muffler is'nt burning my hood anymore

I got all my nipples and elbows (45 and 90) at ACE Hardware.

D3R3K

thank you, is there like a name for them?? cause there threaded or anything?

gwgdog66

thank you, is there like a name for them?? cause there threaded or anything?

Just the standard 1 inch pipe thread. I used the black for gas lines instead of the galvinized.

D3R3K

well i had some trouble but i got a temp soultion, when i took the old muffler off the pipe comming out had warped and was egg shaped, so when i went to screw a 45 on it, it would not go on. so i tried bending it different ways and that didn't work. i bought a peice of 2" long pipe that fit over it and 2 exhaust clamps and put it over the pipe and the new pipe and now it works pretty good. but one da i would like to fix it completely