Sign in to follow this  
wheel horse 1045

new horse to my stable

wheel horse 1045

my buddy mike took me after a 1966 1076 that i bought for $45 dollars DSCN0681.jpgDSCN0680.jpg

nylyon

That's a heck of a deal!

WheelHorse_of_course

That's a heck of a deal!

And a heck of a nice horse. Other than painting or replacing the seat :ychain: I would not do any painting (maybe a clear coat to bring out the color).

Congratulations

:hide: :scratchead:

canam1991

best deal i ever got was a great running 312-A 1993 for $25

TJ

Great deal.Nice tractor. :scratchead:

Redbird

:hide: At that price, you STOLE" that horse!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice indeed. Cheapest one I got was for free. Hubby gave me my own 312-8 after we got married :scratchead: Congrats!!!

wheel horse 1045

i was told that in 1966 the 876 ,1076 ,1276 were the first automatic wheelhorse produced

wheel horse 1045

of the long frame that is

TT

Looks like an excellent "survivor" -- except for that seat! :scratchead:

The RL-366 deck looks good too but if you decide to use it make sure you check the bearings in the three groove pulley - they're noted for spinning in the bore and the 6908 pulleys are very hard to find in good condition.

The 1965 875/1075 Wheel-a-Matics were actually the first hydro tractors but were both short frames - and so are the small-block 876 and 877 models. 1966 was the first year for the long frame "regular" garden tractor which included the 1046/1056/1076/1276 models.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have noticed the ever-increasing use of the term "stole" on some of the forums lately and would like to remind everyone that when you pay the seller what they are asking or are capable of "working them" for a better price, it is not stealing. The name of the game is to buy them for the least amount of money possible and FREE is even better yet! :hide:

I will agree that this 1076 was bought for a good price and should serve as an example for those who think there aren't any good deals out there.

But....... keep in mind that scrap steel is bringing around $6/100lb which makes this tractor "worth" approximately $36 - $40. :ychain:

wheel horse 1045

the deck and the rest of the tractor is very good and i have a replacement seat and front tires and to my luck the mower blades are like new with no nicks and i dont believe they were even sharpened yet,i am having to replace the key ignition and some wires also a new battery but other than that its a strong tractor and thanks for everyones replys and thanks tt for the heads up about the pully

Kelly

Nice buy, about as close to free as you can get, looks to be in very nice shape except the paint.

Bet you can sell the seat for more than you paid for the tractor.

wheel horse 1045

its already been sold for 50 to a guy with a john deere ,after i clean it up i will post a pic on the wheelhorse picture area

d180man

Hi nice find and good looking tractor! :hide::scratchead: :ychain:

Redbird

:hide: Didn't mean to offend anybody. That's just what came to mind, concidering we own Horses. I was brought up that anything you can get for less than what it's worth is a "steal" Again I'm sorry :scratchead:

wheel horse 1045

:scratchead:

whfan74

Congratulations on the newest addition. That is one solid looking machine! They call that theft in this area! :scratchead:

Congratulations.....I hope it works out good for you!

MaineDad

What a deal! Congrats on the new horse...

Juggler

Congrats! That's a favorite of mine!

TT
:scratchead: Didn't mean to offend anybody. That's just what came to mind, concidering we own Horses. I was brought up that anything you can get for less than what it's worth is a "steal"

WH953

That's a great looking machine! What a good find for you!

bitten

Wow, great deal for that nice looking tractor. :scratchead: