Sign in to follow this  
pond195520032003

Pulling Engines, What Do You Use?

combatmp29r

Very nice Tim :thumbs: I'll bet it wasn't all Garden tractor motors either huh? :thumbs:

chevelletown

I found this hoist at Harbour Freight and made a truss for it. It spans the trusses in the pole barn and its pretty easy to move arround. It will lift about 800 pounds or a small block Chevy.

Hoist004.jpg

Hoist003.jpg

Hoist002.jpg

Hoist001.jpg

combatmp29r

Thats a sweet setup Ken :thumbs: Looks like we'll have another fabricator in the Red Square.

Rollerman

Looks very nice Ken....but one question?

Does that electric winch use a locking device incase of a failure?

I've been thinking of seting something up like that myself with a Harbot Freight winch.

perry

put me in with the strong backs club. but i tell they are even harder to get off the floor :thumbs: . i have a cherry picker also but its usually buried. looking at all these lifts are making my back feel good. lt seems everything i do anymore is allways heavy. i think this may be the year for a joist lift. i feel like i have been run over by a car on a daily basis. ever since i had my right hip replaced i have'nt been the same :thumbs: .

kpinnc

but i tell they are even harder to get off the floor

No doubt Perry!

I pulled a twin off the frame a few months ago, from a squat, and fell back on the floor with it in my lap. :thumbs:

I didn't want to beat the shroud up on the engine, so I ended up sitting there like a dork until I figured out how to get up! :thumbs:

Thank Goodness I was on the flywheel side! The PTO shaft could've HURT! :D

Kevin

pond195520032003

the onan twins are not too bad as they are aluminum, but the cast iron engines are a pain :DStop.gif and use some kind of lift insted of using your back :thumbs: right now harbor freight has their 2 ton shop crane for $147.00! or a 2000 lb 12v winch for $49.00! :thumbs: also 1000lb motor cycle lift for $278.00 :P a buddy of mine bought a lift a while back and added about 8" to either side for bigger tractors and it works great :D

Rollerman

Thank Goodness I was on the flywheel side! The PTO shaft could've HURT!

Kevin sorry for the bad pun here...but that would have fixed ya. :thumbs:

1000lb motor cycle lift for $278.00

combatmp29r

Stephen, Terry in Indy has a lift that has casters on it. Not sure where it came from though. :thumbs:

pond195520032003

Stephen, yes his lift has casters! i will see if i can get pics of it and add them here! :thumbs:

kpinnc

Kevin sorry for the bad pun here...but that would have fixed ya.

Stephen, I think that might have just made me give up Wheel Horses.

And what I had for dinner, and mountain biking, and driving to work, and my job.... :thumbs:

It could've really sucked!

Kevin

Brrly1

Well, I guess I have more brawn than sense. One of the jokes used to be, let's get the Forklift to do it. I was not bashful way back when, No sense. But since then I have had one back surgery so we sometimes approach it differently but still cutting concrete so not afraid of work? John :thumbs:

HorseFixer

sparkys toy
On 2/11/2008 at 12:56 AM, pond195520032003 said:

Just wondering what you all use to pull the engines frome your tractors :D:thumbs: well here is what i use :P its a mini cherrie picker, actually a hospital patient lift :thumbs:Picture2090.jpg

Had one They work great cylinder went bad had to up grade

0919191251a.jpg