Sign in to follow this  
perry

my 551 has been sabotaged

perry

walked out to the side of the garage and MY KIDS {6 & 7}where dumping old oil,gas,water, & soap mix into the gas tank of my 551 and all over the hood :ROTF:

they are lucky im a mellow guy, now i gotta think of a good punishment

:thumbs2::thumbs::ychain:

551002.jpg

551001.jpg

69DEZ

:thumbs: Time to take a walk out to the wood shed...... :thumbs2:

nylyon

Well, that should be easy to clean out. I would have probably gone ballistic..... (not mellow). Reminds me of the time I finished building a High performance 413CI RB Mopar. Got the 6-pak manifold installed, just need to put on the valve covers. Walked out to the garage to see my little cousin putting nuts and bolts in all the oil drain holes in the head..... :thumbs2:

hodge

count to ten...

remember all the dumb stuff you have done in your life (I'm not judging- we all have)...

count to ten again...

Kelly

:thumbs2: at least it's a easy tank to pull, as for punishment, your on your own, I probably would have tried stuffing a kid in the tank :thumbs:

oldandred

Hummmmm make them wash it for two years every saturday morning

Jim_M

It could be worse Perry, it should be pretty easy to clean things up, no permanent damage done. But I know how it feels.....just one more thing to do that you didn't have time for in the first place.

When my niece and nephew were young, maybe 3 and 5 years old, they washed my brother in law's 68 Roadrunner with a bucket of stones from the driveway. They were having a good old time grabbing a handful of stones out of their little bucket and rubbing them on the side of the car.....right up until their dad walked out of the house.....

TJ

Alternative fuel. :thumbs2:

tgranthamfd

Ouch!!! Think I would make them repair it (with supervision) maybe they would know NOT to do anything like that again. Never can tell, might have some new members in a few years because of it. :thumbs2:

perry

just one more thing to do that you didn't have time for in the first place.

you nailed it there jim.

i know its not that bad. atleast they where messy and i caught it before i tryed to run it. i just never would have thought they would do that. for the most part they respect my tractors and mustang . they both have their own lawn rangers sitting in grammas shed for future projects.

i did my share when i was young also. back on the farm i thought it would be fun to sit in dads 68 olds and pretend to drive it. i put it in neutral and coasted down our driveway right into a large oak tree. mom found me laying on the passenger floor cyring away. another one i can remember leaving the well doors open and our little nanny goat falling in. the farmer that rented our corn fields had to go down into the well and get her. then one day i started a fire in the hay barn. that one is stuck in my memory for ever :thumbs2: . their is plenty more that i did but overall my kids a pretty darn good so far compared to the things i did in the past.

i knew this topic would spark up some old memorys . maybe it outta be moved to the general section.

just this summer my son has hit and scrapped my buddys chevy pickup 3 times with his bicycle handle. for the most part my buddy has been pretty good about it. a few weeks ago he took it apon himself to fix my sons handle grips. i told him its paypack from 15 yrs ago when his girl friend got in a huffy and open the door of his 79 camaro and bounced it off the side of my mustang.

a 68 roadrunner :thumbs: . now that would be devastating .

W9JAB

:ychain: What were you thinking?

:thumbs: "I dunno"

KIDS! :thumbs2:

Redbird

Remember when we were kids? We used our imagination and played outside instead of on the computer and video games. We played "let's pretend". Maybe they were pretending to be you and doing the maintainence on the tractor. :thumbs2: They say imitation is the best form of flattery. I pretended a lot at that age :thumbs: Have them clean it with your supervision and maybe they'll want to learn for real. You can never start em too young!

VinsRJ

I remember when my brother, myself and a couple of friends found a forgotten barn in the woods. Well it had two old milk trucks from like the 40's with racks and racks of those vintage miniture milk/cream glass bottles. Well lets just say, none of them survive the rath of the Crossman Back-Backer pellet attack. It took a couple of days for us to get through them all. :thumbs2:

We made someone mad I'm sure.

clintonnut

When I was a couple years old I stuffed leaves into my dad's push mower gas tank.

Another thing that almost went sour was when my dad was restoring his 66 dodge dart 270 wagon. The rare rounded rear glass panes were sitting near the car and I was walking on them when I was 3 or 4.

The panes survived as you can see-

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3394/333484..._a7e24058f1.jpg

Charlie

stevasaurus

Perry...I used to hang my kids in the doorway by their thumbs...God, I miss the screaming. just kidding...it's a line from the 1st Harry Potter movie. :thumbs2:

whchris

thats not too bad for a 68 road runner my uncle had a 69 he bought when he was 17 then in 99 i used it a a wheel chock for my fathers bucket truck i dont think ill ever live that down. when i was little my dad told me to go add a quart of oil to the cub cadet minutes after he taught me how to make "chainsaw gas" guess where i put it. my sister stuck the forks of the tractor through my stepmothers 2000 chevy suburban 2 days after she got it. and every time my father would put a new hood on the john deere stx 38 one of us three kids would bounce it off a tree :thumbs2: its not all bad there just kids id say have a talk and explain to them that you want to be there when they wanna work on or play with the tractors. or like my gramps if i needed a smack he wasnt afraid to give it he gave me the worst a$$ whoppin i have ever had when i was 17 got caught smoking and gave my mother a hard time

HorseFixer

Theres Only One Thing Left To Do!

sluggo2.jpg

muka

:scratchead: As a kid my brother and I did stuff like that to .iIcan remember being about 6 or 7 and filling the gas tank on his tractor with sand. The trouble was he was selling it and the guy was there and he could not figure out why it would not start.He was not to happy.Kids are kids and in 20 years you can look back and laugh at it,no big deal as for punishment take them outside and show them how to clean it up my boy is 9 and he likes to help been doing since he could hold a screwdriver.