Sign in to follow this  
WH_Hobie

Bolens G14 XL

WH_Hobie

went to the local small engine shop last week and picked up a bolens that has had the original oh140 techumseh replaced with a newer xl series oh140 it is a complete tractor other than seat. not in to bad of shape going to pick it up tomorrow, i think it might make a decent pulling tractor but i only paid 40 bucks for it

Sparky

For only $40 you cant go wrong.

Pulling with a Tec motor eh? Dont see much of that. What type of tranny does it have and will it hold up to pulling duty :thumbs2: . Good luck!

Mike.........

WHC-125

Nick, good find and good price! :thumbs2: Does it have the famous Bolens locking rear end?

WH_Hobie

as far as i know it doesn't have the locking rear but it's either shaft the whole way back or shaft to gearbox and then to belt. but it does look like a very heavy rear

TJ

I just picked one up myself this week. It's a 1965 Bolens 1000. They told me over at MTF that this was the only year they made them. I got a rototiller, mowar deck and blade with it. It's bult like a tank.

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

WH_Hobie

a little up date, got it home today need to do some wiring work but i gave it a shot of starting fluid and jumped straight to the starter and it fired up, took the carb. off and cleaned it but haven't got a chance to see if it will run on gas or not

Stress Test Pullin

if im seeing correct looks like that there is the lock in hub on the left side, if so you will learn to love it, i messing around with building a junker bolens 1050 puller with the lock in, id makes all the diff. locked in :scratchead:

TT

i messing around with building a junker bolens 1050 puller with the lock in, id makes all the diff. locked in

Don't be surprised if you don't pull for very long. The Bolens tube-frame rears have a brass worm gear that just won't take the stress. Have fun while it lasts though. :scratchead:

Stress Test Pullin

oh yes i have lol but cnt beat another freebe tractor, but i only use it for the light classes any way

tarcoleo

Speaking of Bolens, a 1957 Bolens RIDE-A-MATIC 20 HD 02 Tractor has turned

up at our trash transfer station. Its all there except for the implement seat.

Is this a project worth undertaking? What's it worth?

Tom in RI

oldandred

if im seeing correct looks like that there is the lock in hub on the left side, if so you will learn to love it, i messing around with building a junker bolens 1050 puller with the lock in, id makes all the diff. locked in :scratchead:

stress test pullin thats not wh-702 tractor its TJ wh 702 hasnt posted a picture as of yet

Stress Test Pullin

huh :hide::scratchead: i was talkin about the bolens tractor

BBCamaro

I had a bolens husky that kept breaking axles...

rickv1957

Great buy,good luck!!!,Rick