Sign in to follow this  
MikesRJ

Kohler K-90 Decals

MikesRJ

Does anyone have pictures of the water transfer (vinyl maybe?) decals that came stock on a Kohler K90 engine? In particular I am looking for the decals on the Oil Bath Air Filter and anything else I may not know about. I am currently restoring an original Kohler K90 but the decals are far to gone to even get an idea of what they may have looked like, so I don;t really know what I am looking for visually to replace them.

buckrancher

Hi Mike

I don't know if these can be any help to you

first is the air cleaner off one of my k91's the markings are printed on the

plastic housing in ink

100_3428.jpg

the second is a decal from a kohler k161 oil bath air filter on a international cub

100_3427.jpg

:thumbs2:

MikesRJ

Thanks Brian,

Interesting that you post those two pictures. I have both a metal and a plastic oil bath cans on two different K90's. I was not previously aware they made the plastic one until I procured the first K90, and thought they only came in the metal version like which is installed on my second K90 (yet to arrive).

I'd already found the Cub Cadet decal online, but I believe the Wheelhorse version had a vinyl (maybe paper?) decal over the red paint. The engine I have with a decal looks like the one below. I am not sure if this decal is Kohler/Wheelhorse K90 original configuration or not. If anyone has an original k90 on their unmolested RJ58 I'd like to see a picture of what you have.

Kohler_OBF.jpg

I've been searching the net and eBay for any which may be available but have not found any yet.

If anyone else has an idea, a picture, or a suggestion; I'm all ears.

buckrancher

Mike have you tried at yesterday tractor co.

http://www.ytmag.com/contents/engine_manuals_list.htm

they list manuals for sale (parts and operator's) for

k90

k90p

k90r

k90t

there may be a picture in the manual

good luck I'll keep my eye's open

:thumbs2:

MikesRJ

Thanks Brian.

sorekiwi

My RJ has long since lost the decals (and paint!!) on the aircleaner, but I don have tese pics saved on my hard drive:

P3180134.jpg

P3180138.jpg

Again - these are NOT my tractor, I have no idea how "correct" these are, but hope it helps some...

MikesRJ

Thanks Mike, correct or not, ALL info is helpful and appreciated.

sorekiwi

Well, turns out I was wrong (happens sometimes!!) - my tractor does have a sticker, - the same one as I pictured above:

IMG_2378.jpg

I'm not 100% sure that mine hasnt been molested, but I doubt it... :thumbs2:

Let me know if you want measurements for DW (Vinylguy)

MikesRJ

Well, turns out I was wrong (happens sometimes!!) - my tractor does have a sticker, - the same one as I pictured above:

IMG_2378.jpg

I'm not 100% sure that mine hasnt been molested, but I doubt it... :thumbs2:

Let me know if you want measurements for DW (Vinylguy)

Mike,

That may be the only option. If you can get measurements that would be great, and much appreciated. I'll keep scouring the net in the mean time.

I looked in the Kohler manuals I have and none of them show a decal part number. If anyone might know that it could certainly narrow the search.

Mike

MikesRJ

I found several sites on the web that sell United Specialties Co. decals (the maker of the Oil Bath Filter). I have an email to this one (Clarke Spares) asking if they have pictures of the three they don't show on the site. They quote the one below as being 1960-1970, and the others are earlier ones. This one looks very similar to one of my K90's, but is probably not the same as was installed on the Wheelhorse.

united1.gif

wallfish

united1.gif

Mike,

That is the exact label on my oil bath cleaner. The motor did not come from a WH tractor though. If you find something, for the correct decal, Please let me know!

MikesRJ

Will do John. I believe that that decal was the United stock decal, and each OEM affixed their own decal or it came to them from Kohler with Wheelhorse's choice of decal.

I'm still awaiting word back from now three distributors of vintage decals.

sorekiwi

Mike,

That may be the only option. If you can get measurements that would be great, and much appreciated.

I forgot all about this till tonight. :scratchead:

The orange background of the decal measures 3 1/2" long by 7/8" high.