Sign in to follow this  
D3R3K

gasket kit

D3R3K

does anyone know where i can buy a hydro gasket kit for a 1975 c-160 hydro, or does anyone have one that they are willing to sell?

Raider12

For most jobs I have always used the black RTV gasket maker. I use this when I work professional in the auto shop on differentials and transfer cases etc.

TT

You should try to avoid silicone sealant when working on hydrostatic or hydraulic units.... one small excess "blob" can plug a passage or relief/check valve and in worst cases it can actually lock up a pump. You can use a high-tack gasket adhesive or shellac sparingly to hold gasket(s) in place while assembling components.

Check with BJ Hydraulics and see if they still offer the complete gasket & seal kits for the Sundstrand units.

The transaxle case (#5999) and hydro unit to case (#102759) gaskets are still available from Toro.

D3R3K

yeah the guy at the dealer said don't use the rtv cause of that reason, thanks for the website im gonna check it out.

D3R3K

i wasn't able to find any info on the trans on that site that you posted?

TT

Their contact information is at the bottom of their web page....

Call or e-mail and tell them you need a seal kit for a 90-1140 Sundstrand hydro unit (piston to piston) on a Wheel Horse tractor and see what they have to say. :thumbs2: