Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

Wheel Horse 314-8

T-Mo

I have an opportunity to buy this: It's a 2000 314-8, 286 hours. Originally asking price was $950, but I can get it for $800. The problem is getting it home, it's 400 miles away.

880384121_wm.jpg

Rollerman

Looks to be a pretty nice,complete, original tractor.

I have drove 400 miles for a tractor & can tell you it wasn't that nice.

Stephen in northern IN

nylyon

Not a bad price, but 400 miles yikes. That's 800 round trip if you get 20 miles to the gallon that's 40 gallons of gas at $3.00 it's $120 in fuel alone, which brings the price to $1070. You might find something closer to home for that price, just my 2 cents.

Rollerman

Karl you have a valid point to make & I have not drove that far in a while for a tractor.

Is this 400 mile drive completely out of the way...any other reason to go that way?

I have enjoyed some of my trips into the boonies to go after an ebay purchase.

If this tractor is anywhere near northern IN.....I would be happy to pick it up & store it indeffinatley :D

T-Mo

No, it's not in Indiana. I do have one guy over at wfm who will store it for me if I do buy it. But, at one point I would have to make that trip unless I would be lucky to catch someone going that route. I don't have any relatives in the area so it would have to be a special trip if I make it.

nylyon

I have had my best luck on Craigs list, mainly because the people who post on Craigs just want the item gone and don't put much value on it. When I picked up my 414-8, the guy I got it from told me that he just wanted something newer. Hey, I'm not gonna argue.... Check more locally, I think you can do better.

T-Mo

True, I might do better. But, these are sort of scarce in my area. I find a lot of older Wheel Horses, Cs, Bs, etc., but from about mid-80's up, they're almost non-existent in my area. BTW, the price now is $800.

nylyon

What part of the country are ya from, I thought Wheel Horses were scarce in my neck of the woods. Heck Connecticut and New Jersey has tons (well the Jersey ones have a glow to em), which is why I need to go there to get em.

T-Mo

What part of the country are ya from, I thought Wheel Horses were scarce in my neck of the woods. Heck Connecticut and New Jersey has tons (well the Jersey ones have a glow to em), which is why I need to go there to get em.

Missouri.

I may be lucking out - a guy from wfm is making a trip 400 miles south and so if things work out right, he may be able to bring it with him for me. :D