Sign in to follow this  
baerpath

Mower deck 800 Commando

baerpath

Anyone know off hand if a deck from a 308-8 would fit a Commando 800.

The deck on this one has a 4 inch hole in it and I have the 308 deck sooo....... :thumbs:

nylyon

Yep, they should both be the attach-a-matic models should fit right on.

nylyon

I just remembered something that Mike mentioned. The 308-8 could have a 37" SD mower (I think) which required smaller front tires. If the deck on the 308 is this one it might hit the tires, if not then there is no problem.

baerpath

I thought so, but I see the rear gauge wheel bar isn't the same but thats probably because of the ten inch rear rims.

baerpath

I just remembered something that Mike mentioned. The 308-8 could have a 37" SD mower (I think) which required smaller front tires. If the deck on the 308 is this one it might hit the tires, if not then there is no problem.

I have both rear and side discharge for 37 inch deck

TT

The 37" deck is the offset 2 blade model, Duane. (That's the one that takes the 6 sided belt and the double V pulley tensioner.)

The small 3 blade decks are 36" and will fit all of the Attach-Matic tractors. (provided they are made for the "garden tractor" models)

baerpath

Both are three blade decks Could be 36's one is rear discharge the other side discharge. So I should be able to use either :thumbs:

TT

If you happen to decide to "scrap" the original deck off the Commando, I'd be interested in buying a few of the hanger brackets from you. I have a deck shell off a vertical shaft tractor I want to combine with the original deck from my B-80 to make one good one. Whoever did the patching on the B-80 deck thought it was alright to weld around all of the brackets and now they won't come off without MAJOR work. :thumbs:

Here are the pieces I need (highlighted in yellow) if you want to part with them.

deckparts.jpg

baerpath

Scrap whats that ?? :thumbs: I grew up on a farm those are parts not needed right now :thumbs: Might need them next year or later

But yes when I get the deck off and change it Won't be for a while though.

Duane