meadowfield

yeah, we like it too ! :D good effort!

KATO

Looks Good!!

Hows your belt tension fix workin out

Don1977

Mighty fine body work!

Anglo Traction

Yep! , me likey too :thumbs: . Looking Good Ian.

bowtiebutler956

Very nice work Ian. :text-datsphatyo: That Beast is really starting to take shape! You are definitely a true crafstsman. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

Stigian

yeah, we like it too ! good effort!

Thanks Mark.

Looks Good!!

Hows your belt tension fix workin out

Ta muchly.

The belt tensioner is working very well, despite all the hard driving it's had of late the belt has shown no sign of jumping off

Mighty fine body work!

Thanks Don.

Yep! , me likey too :thumbs: . Looking Good Ian.

Thanks Richard, it's getting there..

Very nice work Ian. :text-datsphatyo: That Beast is really starting to take shape! You are definitely a true crafstsman. :thumbs:

Thank Matt, not sure about a true craftsman though, but thanks. :handgestures-thumbup:

The saga of the fenders continues...

As the fender was only tack welded together it came back off the beast for a lot of welding.

The bit of box should keep things nice and straight..

TSS14874_zpsce9a3628.jpg

Before creating some serious sparks about the place I needed to sort the front of the fender out and give it some curves..

TSS14875_zps05a94045.jpg

As there was no way of beating the curves into it with it tack welded on, it came off again..

TSS14876_zpsdcd55135.jpg

Shaped around a hammer in a vice... Hi-tech or what :lol:

TSS14877_zps600ec8c1.jpg

Tacked back on.

TSS14878_zpsa233bef4.jpg

And quite a while later it had all been seam welded and ground down.

TSS14879_zpsa80f70ca.jpg

A quick squirt of red stuff..

TSS14880_zpsc0d815c8.jpg

And it was tried on for size.

Me happy :)

TSS14882_zpsa64868ef.jpg

TSS14883_zps34bfd49b.jpg

Not quite finished with it yet though.. Back off it came to have a few bit's welded up that I missed, and to weld up the tail light holes at the front.... Yes you did read that right :D

TSS14884_zps03716015.jpg

A lot of the welds were hand finished..

TSS14885_zps25593308.jpg

Using this monster file!!

TSS14886_zps7c184da0.jpg

Much bigger than a normal size file..

TSS14887_zpse15cf175.jpg

Another quick squirt of red stuff and that will do for now for the right fender.. I still need to trim the front down a bit and drill some bolt holes, but that can wait a while..

TSS14888_zps18fd7a02.jpg

Because I've started on the left side... Marked out for cutting.

TSS14889_zps28b779e4.jpg

The top panel came out really well..

TSS14890_zpscfce4fc5.jpg

The inside panel didn't.... Too much curve and in the wrong place! :banghead:

TSS14891_zpsf383fd95.jpg

So it was beaten straight again, and with the help of a new template to get the angle right...

TSS14892_zpsb09c7188.jpg

It came out much better.. :handgestures-thumbup:

TSS14894_zps3ab712af.jpg

For those of you who like a Stigeo fix, here's making the fenders part 1 and 2..

• Like 2

Alan_Heist

It looked mean before, but it looks even more now... I really like the look with the fenders!!

Great fab work again Ian! :greetings-clappingyellow: :greetings-clappingyellow:

wheeledhorseman

Looks great Ian - you must be well pleased with progress.

Andy

bowtiebutler956

Looking really nice Ian!!! :jaw:

Jake Kuhn

Looks awesome! :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

Stigian

It looked mean before, but it looks even more now... I really like the look with the fenders!!

Great fab work again Ian! :greetings-clappingyellow: :greetings-clappingyellow:

Looks great Ian - you must be well pleased with progress.

Andy

Looking really nice Ian!!! :jaw:

Looks awesome! :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

Thanks Guy's... Yep I'm happy with progress even though it's a bit slower that what I would of liked..

Now the 312 is sorted out I could turn my attention back to this beast..

I had that "Monday feeling" when I woke up yesterday so not much was done..

The fun part now is getting the fenders each side matching..

TSS14895_zps5c14e8e8.jpg

It's not quite there yet but I hope t get more done today..

Anyway, have a few photo's, the view from the back has made me grin  :D

TSS14896_zpsf90ecf5d.jpg

TSS14897_zpscabe91b7.jpg

TSS14898_zps00b8797c.jpg

DIBNAH

All good progress Ian, fenders really suit the build, Having watched the video of you driving are you going to fit a gas spung type seat or can we look forward to photos of teeth marks on the bonnet :scared-notify:  :scared-notify: .No progress with mine at this time other than Meadowfields decals are here and are the scrotum of the canine type. I'll restart as soon as the doc says its safe--- he told me i've got Alzheimers which I dont mind so much but also said i've got diarrhoea!!!! :razz:  :razz:

wheeledhorseman

That's gonna look a damn fine machine when it's finished - be proud, very proud of what you're creating there. :bow-blue:

Have you designed the mower attachment for it yet? (the 312 asked) :teasing-poke:

Dibnah - If you can remember being told you've got Alzheimers then I'd call that a misdiagnosis!

Andy

DIBNAH

I don't remember telling anyone

Stigian

All good progress Ian, fenders really suit the build, Having watched the video of you driving are you going to fit a gas spung type seat or can we look forward to photos of teeth marks on the bonnet :scared-notify:  .No progress with mine at this time other than Meadowfields decals are here and are the scrotum of the canine type. I'll restart as soon as the doc says its safe--- he told me i've got Alzheimers which I dont mind so much but also said i've got diarrhoea!!!! :razz:

Howdo Dibnah, thanks about the fenders, I think they suit the build as well.. It's amazing how one change (putting on the fenders) can change the look of the machine totally!

No need for a sprung seat, I'm going to make a really well padded suit to wear while driving it :P

Yep Marks decals are good, I have a custom set he made ready to go on this project when the time times...

I hope your Doc get's your diarrhea and the other one I can't remember sorted soon :D

That's gonna look a damn fine machine when it's finished - be proud, very proud of what you're creating there. :bow-blue:

Have you designed the mower attachment for it yet? (the 312 asked)

Dibnah - If you can remember being told you've got Alzheimers then I'd call that a misdiagnosis!

Andy

Thank you Andy, yep I am very proud of what has been created.

I've got the mower attachment all worked out.... I'm just going to tow the 312 behind to cut the grass. I wouldn't want it to miss out on anything :D

I don't remember telling anyone

What ya talking about?????  :D

Stigian

Progress on the left fender has been quite slow, I have been feeling quite rough and very tired of late.. But today I got a much needed motivational boost..

Yesterday most of the left fender was tack welded together..

I want to see how the machine looked from the drivers seat with both fenders on.. So here's the Stig approved technique for actually getting on the beast..

Right foot onto outrigger..

TSS14899_zps931af6f7.jpg

Left foot up, over, twisted and placed on the left side.

TSS14901_zps6483747b.jpg

Lean forward a long way over the hood and swing your right leg over..

TSS14902_zpsc2955db3.jpg

Plonk bum on seat!!!

It's not as easy getting on as it sounds, you have to be very careful not to hit the motion levers if the engine is running!!  Getting off looks much more embarrassing B)

Please the fine item of head wear that no self respecting Wheel Horse freak should be without :D

TSS14903_zps5e8cd0fc.jpg

Anyway, having very much enjoyed the view from the drivers seat the plan now was to give the fender a quick lick of paint and drive it outside for a good look from all angles..

Well, the fender got painted but the engine refused to start!!!   It's not the first time it has done this, it would seem it has a problem drawing gas from the tank if the engine hasn't been started for two or three weeks!

TSS14904_zps5cbcd801.jpg

Fast forward to today, the 6X6's battery went on charge while the fender came off again to have the main join seam welded.. I didn't want to touch the ends yet in case they didn't match and need a bit of tweaking.

TSS14905_zpse2a16b3b.jpg

Not er.... The straightest bit of bodywork in the world, but it's nothing a bit of hammer work and a skim of bondo won't sort out..

TSS14906_zpsed2814a8.jpg

After a lot of faffing about getting the engine running  (Note to self,,, Remember to turn the gas tap off when the machine is not in use to stop the gas trying to return to the tank) I could finally get the ol girl out the shack to see how the fenders looked from all angles..

Seeing her outside with the fenders on was the big motivational "kick up the 'orse" that I have been needing.... I'm really keen to push on and get her finished  :handgestures-thumbup::D

TSS14912_zpsded4b61a.jpg

TSS14911_zps700bc9c5.jpg

TSS14910_zps0e9a20cd.jpg

TSS14908_zps0387855a.jpg

meadowfield

Now that is looking the dogs, how far are you off painting? Is it just a wait for the better weather ?

Mark

dbartlett1958

The "Clydesdale" of the Wheel Horse line.

• Like 1

Ole MN

Ian,

The picture from the front has to be my favorite picture yet.

Looks mean.

Brad

bowtiebutler956

That is one tuff, mean looking :wh: !!  Please, do somthing with that seat!!!! It makes my butt hurt just looking at it. :ROTF:  Very nice job on the fenders. :thumbs:

COMMANDO6

Hey it's been a while since I commented here. This thing is really coming along now. To see the beast operating well often with most of the bodywork there makes me so happy. I can't wait to see it with some paint and possibly the plow. This thing is looking better each time I check in.

And this is post 972. Let's try for 1000! That's gotta be a record.

Stigian

Now that is looking the dogs, how far are you off painting? Is it just a wait for the better weather ?

Mark

Thanks Mark.. Not too far off painting now I guess, a bit more welding and tweaking to do on the fenders and a few more other small panel to make, the weather should be a lot warmer by the time that's done..

I know there is no way I will be able to have the whole machine painted before Ardingly, but I do hope to have all the bodywork painted and those rather cool decals you made for me stuck on..

That thing looks mean... I am thinking a flame job...

http://windpaintersjournal.blogspot.com/2009/10/lawn-tractor-flame-job.html

or maybe more like this, except in red and black

http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/62/c50604f576a6b0d2529c4a0542fbeac6/l.jpg

Strangely enough, when ever Pete drops in he keeps saying I should paint flames on it. I will admit I have been hankering to dig out my airbrush once again and getting artistic, but flames are not for this beast.. A "as it came from the factory" only a bit longer, wider and with more wheels is the look I'm aiming for..

Thanks for posting the links, nice flame jobs :handgestures-thumbup:

The "Clydesdale" of the Wheel Horse line.

Big feet and white socks?? :D

Ian,

The picture from the front has to be my favorite picture yet.

Looks mean.

Brad

Thanks Brad,  yep from the front is quite a good angle to look at it from.... It makes the fenders look less wonky :lol:

That is one tuff, mean looking :wh: !!  Please, do somthing with that seat!!!! It makes my butt hurt just looking at it. :ROTF:  Very nice job on the fenders. :thumbs:

Ta muchly Matt.. Yeah that seat does look quite bad... It is actually comfy to sit on, it's just so rotten I'm worried about the seat back breaking off and me following it..  Anyone have a good Wh seat for sale?

Hey it's been a while since I commented here. This thing is really coming along now. To see the beast operating well often with most of the bodywork there makes me so happy. I can't wait to see it with some paint and possibly the plow. This thing is looking better each time I check in.

And this is post 972. Let's try for 1000! That's gotta be a record.

Thanking you Sir, yeah the ol girl is moving along now, it's sooo nice t have the drive train sorted once and for all..

The paint will be coming soonish but the dozer blade will be quite a while yet.

Despite me saying that I'm very keen to crack on with this build at the end of my last post, I'm yet to get anymore work done on it..

Monday (as you may of read in the euro section) was taken up with the complete nightmare of trying to get the grass cut, and yesterday I was just feeling quite rough after Monday..  But I do plan to get some more done today..

But as Monday was a nice sunny day and I had to get the beast out the shack to get my 312 out, I got the good camera and took a couple more snaps. :D

TSS14913_zpsfc242b61.jpg

TSS14914_zps71915c5e.jpg

Lars

Hey Ian..

Dang it starts to look really good now... cant wait to see the BEAST whit paint and doser blade on..:)

who knows i might get to Ardingly this year.. for a test drive LOL....

Stigian

Hey Ian..

Dang it starts to look really good now... cant wait to see the BEAST whit paint and doser blade on.. :)

who knows i might get to Ardingly this year.. for a test drive LOL....

Thanks Lars, it will be quite a while until she if fully painted and even longer until the dozer blade is sorted.. But these thingys take their time..

You more than welcome to have a drive at Ardingly.

It's been quite hard to get anything done on this build this week, Monday's fiasco with the 312 has left me very short on energy for the rest of the week but steps forward have been happening over the past couple of days.

All the joins have been welded and ground down, the missing patch has been patched and the curve on the top of the fender has been straightened by clamping it upside down to something strong with a bit of box each end to raise it off the something strong. then applying too much force with a big G-clamp in the middle until it sprung back straight...  

I may of missed a few photo's of that process in action but here's one after straightening.

TSS14915_zpsb7da5021.jpg

One of the jobs on the fender I have been putting off is trimming the outer lip to the right height, mostly because I don't a narrow but long enough straight edge to mark it out with..

So today I decided enough was enough and grabbed a roll of masking tape......   The tape looked a lot straighter in real life than it does in the photo.

TSS14916_zpsb332a64d.jpg

Trimmed, de-burred and given a quick lick of paint.....   Yep, really happy with how the fender looks. :handgestures-thumbup::D

TSS14917_zps476cf99b.jpg

If I don't get out to the shack at the weekend, Monday I can start mounting the fenders and work out how to sort the bit of body just in front and behind the seat.