Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

K321 Rebuild

T-Mo

As many here know, my C-141 has been ailing. Well, I pulled the head off today and the piston was cockeyed in the cylinder and wasn't moving when I turned the flywheel. So I knew the rod was busted. I finished pulling the engine off and disassembled it. The crank is scarred a bit and the rod is in pieces. The block and crank will be going to the machine shop Monday and I'll see then what damage was done and if the crank is salvageable.

One quick question, the little rubber isolators shot. Can I assume that I can still get these?

Will let everyone know what the machine shop finds out.

nylyon

By isolators, you mean the ones which mount the engine? I don't know the answer, but I am certain something could be fab'd up easily.

Man, sorry about the rod. Just a note, you should get the crank ground, with the break like that the surface should get cleaned up. Did you notice any holes in the block? It sounds like you may have gotten lucky (aside from it breaking in the first place)!

Rollerman

Terry glad to hear you tore into it.....very sory to hear about the extent of damage. :thumbs:

Hopefully the crank is salvageable & not out of size.

I've never bought a new rubber isolater yet...I have saved the good ones in a few of my parter/outer's.

Looks like there still listed on the MPV & available...#106434......"18" in the pic?

06R20037.gif

T-Mo

Thanks guys for the encouragement and advice. Karl, the block is intact and luckily the rod didn't go through it. If the crank is salvageable it will get ground and polished. The machine shop probably will hot tank the block. The guy who runs the shop is a friend of mine.

As for the isolator, looking at Stephen's diagram it might be #18. I have to check again to be sure that is the part that is damaged.

TT

Terry,

I don't want to scare you, but a guy I used to work with was going to buy 4 new mounts for his Wheel Horse while he had it torn apart. They ended up being almost $20.00 each -- and there is 4 of them. :thumbs::D:thumbs::D

By the way -- the old number has been superceeded to 108309, and they are still available. (probably because no one can afford to buy them! :P )

combatmp29r

OK I'm confussed. What about them is worth $20????? :thumbs: :thumbs:

T-Mo

$80 for 4 of those little rubber things. Hmm, this engine may have to ride solid. :thumbs: Luckily I don't think all 4 of them are shot, but at least 2 are. :thumbs:

TT

Those plates come up on ebay sometimes. (usually pretty cheap too)

Sometimes you can even find just the isolators on there.

Oh look, HERE'S one now! :thumbs:

T-Mo

Thanks, Terry, for posting that auction. I can't tell though from the picture if the isolators are intact. I might have to send the seller an email. Thanks, again. :thumbs:

combatmp29r

No JD before you ask i have no idea where Irwin OH is :thumbs: Sounds familiar and when i look it up on mapquest I'll probably feel really dumb, but real foggy on where it is :thumbs:

combatmp29r

OK nope don't feel dumb yet anyhow :thumbs: Its about an hour and a half from here on route 4. Thats clear as mudd to ya huh JD?