Sign in to follow this  
can whlvr

tow behind crane

can whlvr

A red square member asked if i would post some more pics of my home made crane,i used an old mortar mixer frame that can hold alot of weight.It is a chain pull hoist that can lift way more than the horse can pull,i use the pull else where as well,with a little counter balance i can lift and pull about 2000 lbs,i can skid logs by changing how i attach the pull,i also can change the tounge to the one that came with the mixer,the pull is hanging on it in the pics right now.I also have a longer bar that extends the reach,just dont lift too much out there,but i could easily pic up this 42 inch deck 10 feet from the back of the rig with proper couterbalance,that cart in the pics is my counterbalance holder if i need more than in the pics.

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

031.jpg

030.jpg

003-1.jpg

002-3.jpg

Ted Wendel

They do come in handy,I made something like that also.

Offroadenginehoist001.jpg

Offroadenginehoist.jpg

sawhorse

I like the picture of the boulder hanging from your home made crane with the open

burning going on in the background. It shows how much work can be done with

these machines. Many of us either cannot afford a big tractor or don't have the space

to store one yet have plenty of big jobs to do around the property. A wheel horse fills

this need quite well.

norman

I like the picture of the boulder hanging from your home made crane with the open

burning going on in the background. It shows how much work can be done with

these machines. Many of us either cannot afford a big tractor or don't have the space

to store one yet have plenty of big jobs to do around the property. A wheel horse fills

this need quite well.

I feel the same way... I have a 25 hp Cub cadet 4x4 with FEL etc which works great..... BUT it is always broken or leaking.... I put about 250 to 300 in repairs a month... You know how many Wheel horse implements I can buy for that....

Well my fleet of horses is growing and it is well worth getting one attachment for every tractor and working them....

Considering a Johnny bucket for my 414-8

norman

A red square member asked if i would post some more pics of my home made crane,i used an old mortar mixer frame that can hold alot of weight.It is a chain pull hoist that can lift way more than the horse can pull,i use the pull else where as well,with a little counter balance i can lift and pull about 2000 lbs,i can skid logs by changing how i attach the pull,i also can change the tounge to the one that came with the mixer,the pull is hanging on it in the pics right now.I also have a longer bar that extends the reach,just dont lift too much out there,but i could easily pic up this 42 inch deck 10 feet from the back of the rig with proper couterbalance,that cart in the pics is my counterbalance holder if i need more than in the pics.

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

031.jpg

030.jpg

003-1.jpg

002-3.jpg

My thoughts only....

On the rear of the trailer I would install and trailer jack just as a safety precaution thsi would stabilze the load when loading or unloading also they are available in swivel models...

http://www.truckspring.com/bulldog-topwind...jack-53511.html