Sign in to follow this  
canam1991

Restore puller c81 in c120

canam1991

I got this tractor from kelly.

so fliped the front axle but figure out i could not do this due to no oil pump in motor

wheelhorse025.jpg

wheelhorse026.jpg

the axle is sitting 2'' of the floor.

wheelhorse027.jpg

Heres the frame after painting

wheelhorse028-1.jpg

wheelhorse029.jpg

wheelhorse030.jpg

wheelhorse031.jpg

Now i added a 3/16 steel plate along with 1/2 thick (traction bars) :thumbs2: to keep frame together during pulls

wheelhorse032.jpg

Put steering counsle in and foot rests

wheelhorse033.jpg

here she is put together note front tires will be different and the wheels on the wheelie bars are now wheels off wh snowblower

wheelhorse036.jpg

wheelhorse037.jpg

wheelhorse038.jpg

the seat my dad made from snowmobile seat seen in background above

wheelhorse039.jpg

wheelhorse042.jpg

new 3 rib tires along with hub caps (dad painted the horse)

wheelhorse041.jpg

:thumbs:

Coadster32

Great job!! Good luck with the pulling.

TJ

Good job. Looks like it is time for some fun. :thumbs2:

canam1991

here it is all finished :scratchead:

wheelhorse069.jpg

wheelhorse070.jpg

wheelhorse071.jpg

wheelhorse072.jpg

bitten

Looks good. To bad the front axle idea did'nt work out. Hope you have fun with it.

Polaris2007

Hi All. I'm new here today. I am in the middle of restoring my first Wheelhorse, a 1977 C-120. I want to primarily do yard work like snow plowing, and drag a few logs around my small woodlot. I also want to try competing in the pulls at the fairs in the area. One of the things I noticed while looking closely at my C-120, was that the frame did not look very strong where it bolts to the transmission. I have seen these tractors with their front tires off the ground during a pull, and the very back of the frame looks to me like it could fail with that heavy Kohler twisting down on it. I was thinking of doing EXACTLY what Canam1991 did to his frame....adding the extra "stiffeners" and backing plate to address all the torque that is trying to bend the frame at the back corner of it when the front of the tractor is hanging in the air during a pull. My question is this: Is it really worth the time and effort? Has anyone ever heard of a wheelhorse frame failing at the back where it bolts to the transmission? Am I worried about nothing? Thanks in advance to any and all that respond. ---Jon H.

WHC-125

Are those ag tires Nanco? And how do they do pulling? I need to get a new set so any advice is appreciated.

canam1991

no there are good year 23-10.50-12

canam1991

Jon :hide: if you do some searching on here you will see some frames that riped like paper. i went kinda over board are you really need to do is add 1/8" plate to the front of the orignal one. :scratchead:

Rollerman

Jacob nice job on the puller!

Just an idea, some of the vertical shaft tractors from Horse had a front axle with no arch (flat) that can be swapped in for that lowered front raked look.

Nice job on the seat cover too.....my wife will like one of those.