Sign in to follow this  
chevelletown

Brantly back-hoe

chevelletown

Does any one have some information or pics of the 600 series Brantly back-hoe. I have a 2 page parts list for a 617A Back-Hoe but I would like some more details. I need all the information I can get, I'm getting ready to build a scaled down version for a C series. Thanks for your help. :thumbs:

TT

I dont' have a clue what models these are (I never actually heard of that mfg. before either) but here's two web photos and a link:

400BACKHOE.jpg

HT20_with_Brantly_loader_and_backho.jpg

http://www.weekendfreedommachines.com/gall...g2_itemId=90442

I did a Google search (web and image) and found tons of stuff! :thumbs:

Nick

I couldnt find my backhoe pictures from the PA show so i found some green pictures. Might be the same brantly model your looking for.. JD Brantly backhoe

The design PF engineering has puts the cylinder underneath and adds an arch to the boom like some of the mini excavators. They say it helps keep the boom and weight closer to the tractor and also allows deaper digging reach. PF backhoe plans and pictures Your Super C should make a nice backhoe tractor.

I have the PF plans but odds are I'll use them as a guide and just build as I go. :thumbs: We have the cylinders and bucket so I need to get some steel this spring and start building. Thats if I get it up on the list of ideas. :thumbs:

Nick in Ohio

Edit: Looks like I type to slow Terry has the green one already. :D

pond195520032003

Here is one on a struck magnatrac ! dont pay any attention to the operator :thumbs::thumbs:gardentractors-familypics022.jpg

chevelletown

These pics are perfect and really help! Thanks Terry, Nick & Greg. This is something that I've been wanting to do for some time now and it getting very close to the top of the list, just after finish the '66 GTO restoration and paint the Cub 185 Lowboy. I hope to start mid summer if the wife doesn't throw any honey-do's in there. Nick your FEL project is a real inspirtation. :thumbs: My goal is to "shrink" the design for a smaller tractor and end up with about a 6" bucket. Dad is giving me crap about it being that size, says that all I'll be able to do is plant flower bulbs with it :D I think it will be handy for small trenching projects :thumbs:

TT

Don't forget about the Terramite T-5 TLB's, Ken.

A lot of rental companies around here have them and they are about the right size to copy for a "larger" Wheel Horse. (GT-14, C-195, D series)

Here's an example from ebay:

Terramite

Nick

Your Dad sounds just like my brothers. I had been very tempted to build something smaller and they have gave me the same kind of crap. :thumbs: The plan for now is to build one on a 522xi and it should end up at around 5' or 6' digging depth.

You can always make more than one bucket after its done and gets some testing on it. With teeth on it you might be able to handle a 9" bucket, think thats what I have. I'm sure the backhoe will come in handy for small projects.

Need to get Mith in here and get some more reports on how his backhoe is working out.

th_garagebig027.jpg

chevelletown

Great idea Terry. I have a friend that owns a rental company, I'll have to fun over and check them out. I know I've seen some setting on his lot.

Nick

I forgot about the power trac backhoe. It looks to ba a very simple and light weight unit from an articulted tractor company. They did have some video but cant find it now. Power trac attachments site

backhoe3.jpg

Mith

I'm always late to the party :thumbs:

I built mine looking at the PF design pictures. I drew up plans, then made it from there. Having plans to work from its a great idea, I found alot of problems when I was drawing it that would have been a major issue had I been building it as I went along.

I agree about the bucket size though, 6" really isnt very big. You'll find it hard to do anything in a trench that you dig.

My bucket it 8.5" and I'm already crying that its so small. I'm planning a 12" bucket for general use, and a 20" for lighter jobs. The 8.5" really isnt good for much except trenching.

The kink in the boom means you can dig much deeper with a smaller more compact machine. Cuts down on your reach though. You'll have to choose what is best for you.

Great tool though, you'll find you have many more friends that you thought you did!

29-01-08_1524.jpg

whchris

The kink in the boom means you can dig much deeper with a smaller more compact machine. Cuts down on your reach though. You'll have to choose what is best for you.

you'll just have to make it telescoping too like a shovel crane

Stigian

Now dont go giving Jim ideas :thumbs::thumbs: :D