Sign in to follow this  
MikesRJ

New Wheelhorse Honey-Hole Discovered

MikesRJ

I do believe I died and gone to heaven today. Wheelhorse Heaven that is.

I recently bought an attachment on eBay from a company named Dave's Tractor World, and drove out to Gardner, PA today to pick it up. Upon arrival, I discovered that Dave's Tractor World has recently acquired several (upwards of 4-5) tractor trailer loads of Wheelhorse equipment, plus a few 20' trailer-loads of NOS parts, used parts, and countless implements. Yes, boys and girls, I said tractor trailer and 20' trailer loads.

Dave's has already received one such tractor trailer load, plus a 20' enclosed trailer-load of nos and used parts, and I counted no less than two dozen Wheelhorse machines covering some 45 years of production.

In fact, he even has a restored Ride-Away Sr. for sale (bring lotsa $$$$$) in impeccable condition, as well as several RJ's (25, 35, and 58 vintage), numerous C's from 80's up to 120's series', all kinds of attachments, and NOS and used parts of every description. Bunches of engines, lots of tins and all kinds of pieces parts you could drool over all day long.

Dave's Tractor World is selling all of this on eBay at the following store location: http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/davestractor...QQ_fromZQQ_ipgZ I've already made them one of my favorite sellers for the next several months, if not longer.

Their store hours are Monday through Thursday 9:30-5 and Saturday 8:30-1. You can stop in any time during those hours to view any item or to pickup anything you bought They are closed on Sundays and Fridays. The shop is located at 877 Myerstown Rd., Gardners, Pa 17324, and the phone number is 717-486-6703.

Just thought all you folks looking for parts and your next project might want to know this discovery.

redstallion3201

Thanks for the info i am going this saturday to check it out. I live outside Biglerville, PA and am literally about 2-3 miles away.

nylyon

You should talk him into being a vendor here.

Coadster32

I dealt with him directly at the big show this year. Seems like a good guy. I bought a "tranny in a box" for $25. All the gears that are expensive, and hard to get. I have gotten stuff off his e-bay bus. also. Somebody else doeas all his e-bay stuff for him. He is a good source for lots of WH stuff.

MikesRJ

I believe I am a good judge of character after almost 25 years of field service engineering. I've dealt with thousands of customers over the years, and I talked to Dave himself at length. I believe he's a very stand-up, and honest individual.

Somebody else does all his e-bay stuff for him.

That's not exactly an accurate statement. I saw his eBay operation, and know he does his own eBay stuff right from his shop location. His employees go through all the trailer loads of stuff, take pictures of the goods, then post them to eBay for sale. I was standing there as they were doing it, and watched them input the sale items to eBay.

Also, (he mentioned this while I was there) if anything is NOT on eBay when you stop in to pickup or look at anything he has, he will sell anything he's not already listed.

The amount of things, and the shear breadth of it all, is amazing. If anybody is in the area, I HIGHLY suggest you stop by to look at what he's got. I seriously doubt you'd be disappointed.

TT

I'll vouch for Dave Brown also......

Anyone who drives a tractor-trailer (and speaks English and/or doesn't wear a diaper on their head) can't be that bad of a fellow. :thumbs2:

I bought 4 carcasses from Dave about three years ago and also checked out his "store" at the '08 WHCC show. He's still learning the WH stuff and isn't as greedy as some of the others in the tractors/parts sales business. I'd like to make it back down to the farm again someday.

kajamo240

Its a shame that he isn't willing to ship! What about us poor folk too far away? :thumbs2:

TT

He's shipped items to me before......

I did pick up the 4 WH carcasses in person, but he never flinched on the smaller items. :thumbs:

He's very cooperative and it looks like he's willing to palletize larger items. (additional charges apply :thumbs2: ) I'd say that if you set up the pick up with an LTL carrier (and worked it out with Dave) that you could get something "large" from there to MN - if that's what you want.

kajamo240

Thanks TT. He is willing to do that!

MikesRJ

I spoke with Dave at Dave's Tractor World today. He reports he got two more tractor trailer loads of Wheelhorse equipment to his shop yesterday.

One truck is currently unloaded and they are working on the second one today. As soon as I have a general idea of what he hauled in on this trip I'll let everyone know.

In the meantime, keep your eyes on eBay for the new things he will list: Dave' Tractor World on eBay

fireman

I am heading home from camping in VA for the last week and am going to be stopping by there tomorrow (Sat.) :thumbs2:. I got my eye on that Senior he has. The big question is will the wife let me drop the $5200 he wants for it :thumbs: . I will give a report once I get home and finish wiping all the drool.

MikesRJ

I am heading home from camping in VA for the last week and am going to be stopping by there tomorrow (Sat.) :thumbs2:. I got my eye on that Senior he has. The big question is will the wife let me drop the $5200 he wants for it :thumbs: . I will give a report once I get home and finish wiping all the drool.

I've been up close and personal with that machine, and it's very impressive. This is damn near a once in a lifetime opportunity. Have your money in-hand, you won't be disappointed.

Please make sure to give us a report of exactly what he got on this trip.

fireman

Well I just got home and I am still wiping up the drool. It's to late and i'm to tired to download, then upload the pictures. All I can tell you is he still has to get three more tractor trailer loads from the guy. He bought a total of 108 Wheel Horse tractors plus an unbelievable amount of attachnments plus all the NOS parts. You will see in the pics two of the large D snow blowers brand new. The Senior is awsome. He has asked me to tell everyone who is interested to please give him some time to go through everything. He is going to be moving locations and has most of the NOS parts over at the new place and hasn't even had time to go through them all. If there is something specific you are looking for, have the part number and description and he will write it down and try and find it. As I said, he still has three full tractor trailer loads to pickup and he does it one at a time. He's not sure when he will have it all back to his place. I will get the pics up here tomorrow once I wake up from my coma (12 hour drive with two kids :thumbs2: ).

MikesRJ

Like I said Fireman, "Honey Hole!". Drool away, there's enough there for everyones taste.

fireman

Here are the pictures that I took. I got there 1/2 hour before he closed and we talked most of the time so this is all I had time for. The 953 with it's original sickle bar is already sold.

dave002.jpg

dave003.jpg

dave001.jpg

dave004.jpg

dave005.jpg

dave006.jpg

dave007.jpg

dave008.jpg

dave009.jpg

dave010.jpg

dave011.jpg

dave012.jpg

dave013.jpg

dave014.jpg

dave015.jpg

dave016.jpg

fireman

Just a side note. This stuff was all from one guy who wasn't even a dealer. The guy was a Wheel Horse fanatic from CT. Right in my back yard and never even knew it :thumbs2: .

WHC-125

Just a side note. This stuff was all from one guy who wasn't even a dealer. The guy was a Wheel Horse fanatic from CT. Right in my back yard and never even knew it :thumbs2: .

:ychain::ROTF: Where in CT? And I dont think I would ever sleep if I was there :thumbs:

Bill

Jeff when you where at my house, you could almost see his house thats how close you where.. :thumbs:

WHC-125

Jeff when you where at my house, you could almost see his house thats how close you where.. :thumbs:

Bill, we could have went on the roof and scoped it out :ychain:

perry

looks like someone eles house i know :thumbs2:

MikesRJ

Anyone interested in a "D" series, Dave's Tractor World has more than 10 units.

d180man

I love to have all of them! :ROTF::thumbs: i taked to them 2 weeks ago before they got them in! and they though they would have 4 loads but to day they think they have 4 more loads to get ! :thumbs2: i lot of nice toyssss! :ychain: :scratchead:

Electro12WH

I have been calling Dave for the last two weeks, trying to get a quote for a part. Apparently he is in the process of moving his parts to a new building. Big job!!! Anyway, he gave me a new address for his warehouse. 4201 Carlisle Rd., Gardners, PA.

MikesRJ

I have been calling Dave for the last two weeks, trying to get a quote for a part. Apparently he is in the process of moving his parts to a new building. Big job!!! Anyway, he gave me a new address for his warehouse. 4201 Carlisle Rd., Gardners, PA.

Not sure what number you are calling Electro, but the shop number is 717 486 6703

Electro12WH

Oh, I have been reaching him or his help,but he says he will call back in a few days and then doesn't. He's been at a tractor show and he's unpacking trucks and moving to a new location( note the address above). Too much on his plate. I got a quote for my part yest. And I hope it gets shipped timely.