Sign in to follow this  
wesley

Gearbox

Stigian

Ah, the dreaded hitch pin :thumbs:

I remember many hours of WD40, heat and hammering to get the pin out my Raider :D

Some things fight you all the way, but the feeling of beating it makes it more than worthwhile :thumbs:

wesley

Great the pin is out, drilled most of it out , then heat and drifted it out , have now given the housing bolts a good soak , will repeat once more before l start stripping the box, even the bolt holding the gear stick in broke off, but it wont beat me, will take some piccys.

wes

combatmp29r

Thats right Wes you show it whos boss :thumbs:

Greg B.

Give 'er 'ell, Wes. Don't let that pony throw ya!!

Greg B.

Greg B.

oops.... :imstupid: yup!

Greg B.

wesley

Well it made me smile, nope l wont give in :thumbs:

wes

wesley

Hi guys well it apart, will get piccys sorted, and am real happy with whtat l found, all l need is two needle roller bearings for the axles and 4 seals, rest of the box looks very good , now my question to you experts over the pond is , have any of you got the numbers down on paper with the the bearing numbers and the seal numbers, am trying to buy myselve a week , if l have the numbers l can order them monday from my bearing an seal man , or l will have to send him the old ones to match, its impossable to read the numbers on my old ones apart from made in the usa, the only number l can read is on one of the seals and l think that it JC 100 -125-4-44? the axle size is 1", can any one help please :thumbs:

wes

Stigian

Ive no idea on the seals or bearings Wes :thumbs:

But its good to hear all is well in the trans :thumbs:

wesley

Yes have even made the new gasket ready for when its put back together, am hoping to find the numbers , so l can save a few days.

wes

wesley

Dam its sunday today , roll on monday so l can get some parts on order , we should be able to get wheelhorse parts every day lol, oh well will get on with my other projects.

wes

wesley

Will order my parts in the morning , now l no what l need , and today got hold of a seat for my raider, it swivels and it has arm rests plus the back is adjustable, got it of a old disabled electric buggy , and it was free , will send lan a piccy so he can post it .

wes

wesley

Greattttttttttttttttttt :thumbs: placed order today for my gearbox parts, should have them middle of the week, the price was very good to , the bearings and the seals + post came to

Sparky

So I assume that theres no where to get Wheel Horse parts anywhere on your side of the pond?

Seems strange that there arent any TORO dealers over there as someone had to sell these tractors.

Mike...........

wesley

Hi sparky, yes we have toro over here, but a lot of machine dealers wont or dont seem to deal with them any more, mind you toro spares are dam dear here , plus they dont seem intrested in the older stuff , my bearings etc l have got coming from a firm that just sells bearings , toro would want 3 times the price.

wes

wesley

Great my gearbox parts turned up today, and dam got to go out with wife in morning so no play time for me :thumbs: , still will catch up friday :thumbs:

wes

Stigian

The speed you work at Wes, i expect your have the trans back together in no time :thumbs:

wesley

LOL lan be glad when its lighter longer and a bit warmer, friday is now gone to my mate turned up tonight with a couple of chain saws in bits , any chance could you etc , oh well its good to keep hands on with things, plus we never change money with each other , so he may turn up another horse lol and yes l do blame you for this horse on the brain thingy , one trip to your shop and was hooked :thumbs::thumbs: .

wes

Stigian

A few pics of Wes's trans guys :thumbs:

wheelhorse022.jpg

wheelhorse027.jpg

wheelhorse023.jpg

wesley

Well its done and back together, bearings and seals etc , will paint the box this week. :thumbs:

wes

Sparky

Sounds great. Some red paint and she'll be like new.

I was once told to put the tranny on its side over a 5 gallon bucket to work on it but that little bench your using looks like its the way to go.

Mike.........

Rollerman

Wes looks like you made good speed on it...even with the stuck rear pin!

I still can't get over the clean "White" walls in your shop...that just isn't right.

combatmp29r

Stephen I'm stuck on all the floor you can see :thumbs:

Greg B.

Congrats, on the gearbox, Wes. :thumbs:

Yeah those walls are something else. :D:thumbs:

Greg B.

kpinnc

I still can't get over the clean "White" walls in your shop...that just isn't right.

I'll bet that makes for much better lighting in there too. my shop looks like a dungeon!

VERY nice shop there!

Kevin

Rollerman

my shop looks like a dungeon

So does mine Kevin....but it's okay cause the rats & spiders scare off any horse thieves..... :thumbs: