Sign in to follow this  
Troy

My new C-81

Troy

Hi I been reading posts on this site for a while now and what great people!! I try to get on every day to see what's new :thumbs2: I had a wheel horse about 10 years ago that I bought from a older couple, and was trying to figure out what it was. It ended up being a '500' SPECIAL. That was a great little tractor. I sold it to a guy at work about 8 years ago :thumbs: I found this tractor Through a friend of a friend. It was used to cut a little yard the guy told me before he bought it. He repainted it about 8 years ago and said it was to nice to cut with, so its been sitting in a storage unit since then. It came with a deck that is just as nice as the tractor. He also gave me the headlight that looks new. I cut the grass with it last weekend it works great. There is one problem though, when you lift the deck it does not want to lock into good. If you bump it, back down it goes :ychain:

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

nylyon

Wow, what a nice looking machine! :thumbs2: On the deck, there are rubber bumpers which touch the underside of the foot boards when raised. These bumpers should "just" touch the underside. It may be possible that the lift is adjusted too tight and needs to be let off a little bit. Raise the deck and see if it the bumpers are really tight against the foot boards.

Again, what a nice looking horse you have there.

truckin88

that tractor is beautiful anything price under 1000 was a steal, that is seriously nice.

But in your pics I am noticiny some other awesome toys, that is either a willys or ford gp jeep, a honda atc, and a military trailer (an M416?) I user to be a huge jeep fanatic before needing...practical cars.... looks like a nice collection

Also is that a honda ATC, in the way back?

more pics of the toys please...

Troy

I am at my friends shop. They are all his toys. The jeep is a 1944 Willys MB. Here is my girl friend inspecting my new purchase <_<

IMG_1062.jpg

hodge

Does she approve? If so, she is a keeper. If not, ....just kidding. :thumbs2:

That is a nice looking machine- someone took a lot of time and care in restoring it. Have fun!

HorseFixer

Troy :thumbs: very nice looking tractor! :thumbs2:

WHC-125

Awesome looking machine!!!!! And I agree anything under $1000 is a steal :thumbs2:

fireman

Nice C-81 :thumbs2: . I hope mine looks as good when it's done.

Duff

Nice, Troy - very, very nice! :thumbs2:

And :ychain: !

Duff :thumbs:

chamjack

Very nicely done tractor :thumbs: Nice find :thumbs2:

TJ

Nice tractor. :thumbs2: