Duff

Bearing cross-reference chart

whittsons

I'm in the middle of rebuilding my C-160 trans and am not having luck even getting the "gold bearings" for the diff. 1533's are obsolete and the latest number I found was toro 111199 but these are too big. The original ball bearings are 1-1/2" ID and 2-1/2" OD. I saw where someone used a 2-1/2" OD needle bearing and a hardenned bushing. Does anyone have a solution for differential bearings?

clemedc

Thanks to everyone on this thread for hashing out the bearing problems and difference. I am currents rebuilding a 5007 Tranny for my Suburban 400 with the help of Stevasarus via telephone. It has really helped me understand more about my rebuild.

and a special thanks again to Steve and IndyWH both have helped considerably

stevasaurus

Trying to put a spread sheet in here and not having any luck.

Edited by stevasaurus

groundhog47

Paul,

I took your info, reformatted a little and posted a download-able copy in PDF format. Hope you don't mind. If you'd like, PM me and we can discuss. This would be a fantastic resource to the community and adding to this and keeping it up to date would be a huge plus for those to follow. I'd like to help you with this if I can.

Wheelhorse Seal and Bearing Cross Reference (PDF)

This is a saver for certain, have a bunch of NOS stuff and looked high and low, :woohoo: poof, it appeared in the best of the best places, Thanks :bow-blue:for the time you put in!!!

SousaKerry

Hey Mods, I got bit by the false info in the beginning of this thread on the 1508 bearing again.  (2nd time in 3 years)  Can we brake off the last couple of threads (the Steavasarus posts) and re-pin them at the top of the category.  At least so in three years I don't look at the first page and order the wrong bearings again....:hide: 

Brianrollins

Ok as I look at my gear box blow up I am seeing the 5046 has the outer axle bearings ref no.7 with the part number 1528 and the seal ref no. 8 with the part number 1232 am I not looking at this right I am seeing people talking about 1533's and all sorts of other numbers I am confused now. Someone give me a hand.

C-101plowerpower

Ok as I look at my gear box blow up I am seeing the 5046 has the outer axle bearings ref no.7 with the part number 1528 and the seal ref no. 8 with the part number 1232 am I not looking at this right I am seeing people talking about 1533's and all sorts of other numbers I am confused now. Someone give me a hand.

the 1533 bearings are the ones the diff rides in, those are the big ball bearings

Racinbob

The numbers are cross referenced to other manufacturers. The 1533 bearings on the 5046 drawing are reference #2.

Brianrollins

So I am assuming the Other Manufactor is Torrington and my bearing i need to replace my WH part # 1528 is a torrington Bearing # b-1616???????