Sign in to follow this  
farmboy

Clutch

farmboy

When I let the clutch out no matter how hard or easy , the front tires leave the ground is there an adjustment I can make?

Duff

Hi, farmboy, and :ychain: !

What model tractor are we talking here? Might help us to narrow down the problem a little for you! These beasts are torque monsters, so it's no surprise it can raise the front wheels. As to what the clutch is doing, we need a little more info..... :thumbs:

Glad to have you aboard!

Duff :thumbs2:

WheelHorse_of_course

:thumbs:

I first learned to drive on a Suburban 550.

The way I learned it learning to start without a wheely is just a matter of "lernin how to do it right".

Best of luck!

:ychain: :thumbs2:

WHDan

According to my local Wheelhorse repair shop, a worn drive pully on the engine can also cause grabbing of the drive belt. Apparently, if the sides of the pully are worn, the belt can bottom-out in the pully reducing the ability of the belt to apply power to the transaxle gradually as the belt engages and tightens.

DrabHorse

Also, I don't know if this was brought up before, but there are different kinds of belts. Some are used where the drive would have a manually tightened tensioner or otherwise non adjustable. Those type belts may not work as well on applications where you need the belt to slip some for clutch engagements.

Red Iron

:thumbs2:

How fast are you running engine when engaging clutch?

Hello to farmboy and WHDan

d180man

Hi :thumbs: :thumbs2:

Rollerman

Farmboy without knowing what model of tractor you have, but with the problems your describeing.

Look at your drive belt, if it looks worn at all replace it with a new OEM peice.

There is no adjustment on the drive belt.

If it's worn & streched though it can be difficult to ease out.

They will just grab & go.

It would be a good idea to check the condition of the drive pullies, idler pulley & tensioner spring too.

wheel horse 1045

or maybe the belt is to short,i put a belt on that was to short on an 854 and it would jump every time i let out the clutch