Sign in to follow this  
wingrider

Found a mower deck like no other

wingrider

My brother-in law & I drove to a ladies house today to buy a C160 Tractor, with a 42" deck, and a very nice 42" snow plow, and something she called a front mounted mower. :thumbs2: On the way down we had visions of all kinds of decks, I thought it was a regular 42" deck that was mounted in front of the tractor after seeing a couple of these on web sites but that wasn't the case.

Here goes. What she had was a 30" weed chopper that had a Tach a matic coupler on the back, the drive belts to hook to the regular PTO, and a cable and pulley system that ran back to the lift system on the tractor. There are no numbers or decals on it except on the gear box that ran the blade there was a tag with numbers that appered to be for the gear box only. I guess my question is does anyone know any thing about this attachment. :thumbs:

She told us that her dad had bought the tractor with all these attachments in 1974 and she remembers seeing him use all of them several times.

Thanks Gary B

TT

Was it similar to this one? :

bachtold.jpg

( :thumbs2: , Dale)

nylyon

TT ya beat me to it, I remembered that Dale had this and I went searching for the picture.

wingrider

I'm not sure TT the picture didn't come thru.

nylyon

how about this one

DSCF1448s.jpg

wingrider

picture came thru and it does look like that one, but is there anymore info you could share.

Thanks Gary B

wingrider

TT

After looking at your picture there are some differences

1 The blade is turned by a gear box that sets right above the shield for the blade 2 It attaches to the front of the tractor on the Tack A Matic 3 It is raised by a series of pulleys and cable that goes right back to the same place the regular mower lifts from.

TT

More like this? :

2005-4-27_Gravely3Web-Large.jpg