Sign in to follow this  
zieg72

1992 48" deck of a 520

zieg72

I am considering selling my 48" deck. I know the standard answer to my question is "it is worth what someone is willing to pay for it". This deck is perfect mechanically, new blades and belt. Could use some paint to make it look perfect. I am looking for opinions as to its worth, as is and painted up pretty. This will help me decide #1 is it worth selling or keeping for a backup in case the 60" has problems, and #2 is it worth the work to make it pretty. Opinions are valued and appreciated. The deck is missing the chute and I am in NW Indiana as my signature shows. Thanks in advance.

Operator

Well Carl a couple years back when I got the Charger 12 I needed another deck to replace the 36" it came with, this was before I found RS or CL or the internet.

My Horse dealer in Red Wing MN had a 48" deck in nice shape and I had to pay $300.00 or $350.00 for it can't remember if it came with mule drive or not.

I just missed a 60" up here in MPLS. for $350.00 .

I'd guess that you should be able to get at least $200.00 for yours, Good blades? No bad dents? Good rollers and side wheels?

Randy

tarcoleo

Zieg-

FWIMBW, this past Sunday I was able to buy a 48" deck, same as shown in

your signature photo, for $150 (asking $200) in New York State.

Condition is rusty, but a long way from terminal. Bearings and all fine.

Swamp Yankee