Sign in to follow this  
Wilsonrl48747

New attachment to share

Wilsonrl48747

Found a pretty cool attachment for my C120-8 this weekend on Craigslist. Someone had mounted a generator on a platform they built for the front Attach-a-matic slot. Have to remove the mule drive and then snap in the platform, hook up a belt to the PTO and viola`, portable power. It works like a charm although its only 120V, but it will produce 2500 watts, enough to power the sump pump and the furnace in the winter or the fridge/freezer in the summer.

got it for $85, so I figured can't go too wrong there. :thumbs2:

Attached Image

post-4-1247516802.jpg

Duff

I'd say that was $85 very well spent. Nice! :thumbs2:

Duff :thumbs:

whfan74

Congrats! :thumbs2:

I saw that on Craigslist as well and almost enquired about it but money is tight and have another tractor coming home soon.

Let us know how it works out for you.

Wilsonrl48747

It did take a little convincing to get my wife to give the stamp of approval, but I reminded her of the last time we were without power for 3 days and how the basement flooded with the sump pump being off and she finally saw that it was a good purchase.

Little does she know I really wanted it so I could use some power tools out in the back of the property to put together my dream deer blind :thumbs2:

Operator

That's a great deal! Just don't store it on the floor, moisture will get it.

Randy

bitten

Some get all the luck, very nice score.

sawhorse

Nice to see there are other Wheel Horse enthusiasts who are deer hunters. Ever drag

one out with the C-120? Maybe I should start a topic on this. :thumbs2:

WheelHorse_of_course

Very nice find.

I have been wanting to build something like this but it would still be a lot of money ($300+ for 5kW). :thumbs2:

Wilsonrl48747

Sawhorse,

Yes, I have dragged a few deer out of the woods with my horse, although last year the snow was a bit too deep for that, especially late season hunting here in Michigan. Had to use my son's snowmobile for that. I tried it once with a pull behind wagon, but it was just easier to hook a chain around its neck and pull him back up to the shed.

I also use the horse to skin my deer, but that's a whole other story. If you are interested in seeing how that kind of thing is done, search youtube for skinning deer and golf ball.........pretty cool.