Sign in to follow this  
bo dawg

Bad day revised

bo dawg

Just wanted to give you guy's an update on my stupid mishap, without adding to yesterdays post.

Well after calling it a day yesterday and resting, which I'm feeling better today, just little sore. I got home from work and thought it's time to go see if it was going to start or not. Checked the oil and it was almost a qt low, filled back up and gave it one more look over then hit the key :ROTF:

She fired right up as though nothing happened :ychain:

My question is where did the oil leak out from? it didn't come out the dipstick plug.

Looks somewhere from inside the shrowd. :thumbs2: I've never experienced this before to know.

I like to find a Charger hood, but what other hoods would be the same other than decals?

I was telling my wife that I was thinking of going into the stunt driving business make extra money. She said they already have crash dummies for that! :thumbs:

HorseFixer

Bo Dog glad ya got it going! :thumbs: Do ya think on the oil it was or could have been a lil low to begin with? Did ya see any beneath it or on the frame? Was it parked on concrete or grass? Could be maybe a lil seeped out the breather, a bit in the cylinder etc maybe it was low a bit allready :ychain: A Qt seems a bit much with no tell tail signs or a leak. :thumbs2:

bo dawg

Thats just it, I checked it right before I took it out and it was full, brand new too. After I parked it in the garage there is no drops on the floor, but like I was saying it's wet on the front ( carb side) right where the shrowd butts up against the motor. Which makes me think somewhere inside the shrowd.

HorseFixer

WoW I dunno thats aweful weird a Qt is alot of oil to be missing not to be dripping on the ground :thumbs2: did it smoke on start up? and did ya re-check now that it has been running to see if it is overfilled? Like moulder and skully would say, the truth is out there! :thumbs: If not ya may have to add this one to the X FILES :ychain:

bo dawg

Well I forgot to say that at the crash site I think there was some oil in the grass. I thought it was gas but it has to be the oil. I'm going out to check.

bo dawg

Yeah its oil on the ground where it flipped. But still doesn't tell me where it came out.

nylyon

Bo, you should get a list together with the parts you need and post it in the wanted section. Hopefully you'll be back in business in no time.

HorseFixer

Yeah its oil on the ground where it flipped. But still doesn't tell me where it came out.

Well Bo at least we dont have to contact Skully and Moulder :ROTF::ychain::thumbs: :thumbs2:

Rollerman

Bo I'd say the oil came out the breather tube (rubber hose behind the carb) when she went over.

Was the motor still fireing or atleast spinning when it went over?

Important thing is you didn't get hurt.

Keep an eye on the oil level as you use the tractor again....probably won't see anything weird.

I may have a hood here that will fit a Charger....I'll do some digging & send a PM.

bo dawg

Thanks Duke!

So what tractor uses the same hood as the Chargers? so I can have more options.

TT

So what tractor uses the same hood as the Chargers?

You're limited to 1967 1067/1267, 1968 Raider 9/12, Charger 9/12, Electro 12, 1969 Raider 10/12, Charger 10/12, and Electro 12. (did I miss any? :thumbs2: )

bo dawg

You're limited to 1967 1067/1267, 1968 Raider 9/12, Charger 9/12, Electro 12, 1969 Raider 10/12, Charger 10/12, and Electro 12. (did I miss any? :thumbs2: )

Thank you TT thats what I needed to know :thumbs: I thought the late 60's raiders and all chargers would work, didn't know for sure with anything else like the 1067/1267.

:ychain:

bo dawg

Bo I'd say the oil came out the breather tube (rubber hose behind the carb) when she went over.

Was the motor still fireing or atleast spinning when it went over?

Important thing is you didn't get hurt.

Keep an eye on the oil level as you use the tractor again....probably won't see anything weird.

I may have a hood here that will fit a Charger....I'll do some digging & send a PM.

Thanks Stephen, And yes the engine was still running when it landed upside down. By the time I got up off the ground and went over to it she stop running. Which I could of thought about it fast enough to turn the key off before it fliped on over. I almost had it stopped but leanning forward I hit the forward lever and that's all she wrote.

Suburban 550

Bo, good to hear you and the tractor are in pretty good shape. :thumbs: Hope you don't try that stunt again. Good luck in finding everything you need for the repairs. :thumbs2:

bo dawg

Thanks everyone for the help. :thumbs2:

Thanks Ray.

:thumbs:

Mattbg79

Im going to be selling a bunch of raider 14 parts as soon ass my dad and brother use what they need from them. It does have a good hood(perfectly straight but needs stripped and painted) and seatpan(about the same shape as the hood) theirs also more stuff, just not sure what yet. IDK if that will fit for sure or not for what you need.

bo dawg

Well I went to visit Porkchop yesterday and ended up with a hood, steering wheel, and lift lever to replace on the old girl, so looks like I'm going to be back in business. :thumbs:

And I can assure you guy's there's no more hill climbing in my future. :ROTF:

But again thanks to everyone for the comments stories and help with all this. You guy's are great, and thanks again Porkchop for the spare parts :thumbs2:

You guy's need to go check out the tractors porkchop is needing to sell they are sweet running machines. You can see pic's of them in the trade post.

:ychain:

TJ

Glad to hear you are back in business. :thumbs2: