Sign in to follow this  
sorekiwi

Reproduction grader blade?

sorekiwi

Hi all,

A while ago there was someone selling reproductions of the mid mount grader blades. I've lost the information, does anyone know who it is?

Thanks

Mike

Rollerman

Ken Stephens near Mentone,IN

I'll send you a PM with his info.

I don't think he makes any in the winter months...his barn gets pretty cold.

sorekiwi

Thanks Stephen.

Rollerman

Mike have you got ahold of Ken already?

sorekiwi

Actually I havent tried yet, I've been swamped at work and visiting family this weekend, I'll try to get an email away in the next day or so.

Mike

WheelHorse_of_course

Any idea how much they cost?

Would it be better for him if several of us prepay and he makes a batch of them?

wh79d160

I would be interested in one as well. I live in Kansas, so I don't know if shipping would be cost effective. or just go to sears & buy the rear blade for the sleeve hitch. I would have to figure out how to attach it to my D-160. Also, tickster, I've been meaning to ask about that rear scoop on your post picture. I'm sure there is probably a post somewhere on it. I was thinking about making somthing like that for the sleeve hitch on my 3-point. It looks nice. Tom in Kansas

Nick

Are you looking for an original looking copy of the old style blade or just a grader blade to use? If its just to use you can build one. If you find one of the VS lawn tractor blades that have the same type angle system as the new style grader its not at all hard to build a grader blade. You just cut the frame down then add a cut down blade and build a mount for the rear hitch. I used a cut down garden tractor blade so it was stronger.

1st picture is my finished blade next two pictures are a factory 50" next to my 42" blade.

th_paint004-1.jpgth_vsblade002.jpgth_graderproject2-1.jpg

sorekiwi

Are you looking for an original looking copy of the old style blade or just a grader blade to use? If its just to use you can build one. If you find one of the VS lawn tractor blades that have the same type angle system as the new style grader its not at all hard to build a grader blade. You just cut the frame down then add a cut down blade and build a mount for the rear hitch. I used a cut down garden tractor blade so it was stronger.

Thanks Nick,

I really should build one myself, but its been on my to do list for about 2 years now, and it doesnt seem to be getting any nearer to the top of the list!

I actually have an old air compressor tank that I was going to cut a piece out of for the blade.

While we are at it, there are at least 2 different styles of blade. Can someone enlighten me as to what fits what? Attached is 2 pics (that I think are Kens Blades) of the 2 styles I know about.

http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj112/S...rent=402b_1.jpg402b_1.jpg

http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj112/S...rent=97bb_1.jpg

97bb_1.jpg

This is my first time posting pictures, so I hope it works... :thumbs:

nylyon

You were close, in PhotoBucket, click on the link that says IMG Code then when you are posting you just have to paste (ctrl-v or right click paste)

Rollerman

The top one looks like a factory 40" wide peice to me.

It mounts in the same way the mower deck does with the mid attachment area.

The primered one is Kens & uses the rear axle bracket like a snow plow.

It is a reproduction of a 50" wide grader blade that Wheel Horse made for the D series, large frames & the long frames like in Nicks previous picture.

Ken could probably make any width you wanted within reason??...but you have to watch on short frame tractors with the blade angled it may rub the front tires?

TT

I built the old "drag style" model to use it, so it's not overly pretty, but it works!

grader2.jpg

My next "related" project is to build a mid-mount scarifier to break up hardpack and ice or packed snow. It will have a simple A frame with a crossbar loaded with about 30 railroad spikes.

combatmp29r

Hmmm guess I need to work on putting a grader blade thread togethor :thumbs: I finished my mid mount like TTs, but with the Mrs's issues and weather I haven't done anything with it. It really was an easy fabrication project. I'll start a thread about it in the next couple days with pics :thumbs: If any one is interested in one let me know after you see the pics. Its not an original duplicate, because I didn't want to deal with Toro saying I was infringing. Its a 42" mid mount with only subtle changes from an original WH one. I plan on bringing a couple to Ardentsville with me too.

sorekiwi

You were close, in PhotoBucket, click on the link that says IMG Code then when you are posting you just have to paste (ctrl-v or right click paste)

Thanks Karl

And Joel, I'd love to see your pictures.

combatmp29r

They are coming. I have some extra time tonight, but the camera is on the other side of the moat in the shop, and I just got the kids to sleep. I know exactly what would happen if I go outside and leave them alone, even asleep :thumbs: