Sign in to follow this  
sshell

GT 1600

sshell

As you can see from my avatar I altready have a GT 1142. I think it is a great machine and with the trust washer setup on the pto it has no problem I have found. Now I ran across a GT 1600 and stoped to talk to the guy. He new nothing about it, he is one of those junk trader guys and took it in a trade. It is in good shape and the engine turns over freely but does not run. It is a 16 HP Briggs. and has a 48" deck that turns freely, no rust through. I offered him $100.00 and he laughed and walked into his house. Discusion over. What do you think? Should I try to deal with this guy or mark it up as a loose and forget about it. :thumbs2:

Kelly

If it was me, and I'm cheap, that's about as much as I would go, now if it was running maybe more, but the twin briggs have valve seat problems, they fall out/ come loose, I have 3 with that problem

hodge

You might ask him what he wants for it, just to satisfy curiosity. It is amazing how many people think that they have a goldmine because it has Wheel Horse on it. I can understand if it is in fine condition, but I went and looked at a worn out, heavily modified and rigged up C120-8 speed, which wouldn't leave the barn for a penny less than $750. I just talked with him, enjoyed the fellowship, and went on my way.