Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'stacks'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Wheel Horse
    • Wheel Horse Tractors
    • Wheel Horse Electric Models
    • Engines
    • Transmissions and transaxles
    • Wheel Horse Electrical
    • Implements and Attachments
    • Restorations, Modifications, & Customizations
    • Pullers
    • WIKI Discussion
  • Wheel Horse Reference
    • Wheel Horse Manuals
    • RedSquare Links
    • Instructional threads and video's
    • Tools and Equipment
  • Europe
    • Euro Introductions
    • Show Pictures
    • Euro Classifieds
  • Picture Gallery
    • Wheel Horse Picture Gallery
    • Implements Picture Gallery
    • Show Pictures
    • LIVE Broadcasts
  • Classifieds
    • Classifieds
    • Haulin Help
    • Vendors
  • General Talk
    • non tractor related discussion
    • Introductions
    • Bumps and Bruises
    • site suggestions, updates, issues
    • Just for Fun
    • other brands
    • Gardening
  • Shows and Events
    • Wheel Horse Collectors Club Show
    • 2017 WHCC Show Pictures
    • RedSquare Herd
    • General Shows and events
  • 520 Club's 520 Specific

Categories

  • Wheel Horse Manuals
    • 1955-1964
    • 1965-1972
    • 1973-1977
    • 1978-1984
    • 1985-1990
    • 1991-1997
    • 1998-2012
    • All years
    • Service Bulletins
  • Implement Manuals
    • Mower decks & reel
    • Blades Dozer Grader Snow
    • Snow Blowers
    • Ground engaging
    • Other
  • Engine Manuals
    • Kohler
    • Onan Service Manuals
    • Other
  • Transmission
    • Manual
    • Automatic / Hydro
  • Electrical
  • Brochures
  • RedSquare Calendars
  • Misc. Items

Blogs

There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Categories

  • Records

Categories

  • Wheel Horse for Sale
  • Euro Wheel Horse For Sale
  • Wanted
  • Euro Wanted
  • Trade
  • Euro Trade
  • Non-Wheel Horse
  • Euro non-Wheel Horse
  • Wheel Horse Sold Archive

Categories

  • Tractors
  • Implements

Marker Groups

  • Members
  • Shows and events

Found 2 results

  1. What started out as a simple task of moving my 6-1/2' x 12' utility trailer to unload it's contents back into the Shed Repair Project after building a new floor turned out to be a really bad day . I figured the weight of the trailer and it's load was probably around 2,500lbs or more and the big D-180 should be able to handle it . Used the 3pt hitch and an adapter to lift the trailer tongue and off I went...until I got to the end of the north drive and the pump coupling on the hydro failed - badly . In hindsight - the trailer probably weighed closer to 4,000lbs the way it felt behind the truck ... Now , the trailer had to be taken off the tractor and put on it's jack ....which didn't work out too well loaded that heavily . Since the trailer was built with 2x3 angle iron on the tongue it decided to fold itself into a pretzel - despite the wheels being blocked tight so it couldn't move . It fell over and I had to use the HI-Lift to get it off the ground . The sight of the trailer falling over in the rear view camera on the Dodge is still well embedded in my memory - I knew that was going to be another large project . The coupling had an earlier repair from last winter's failure - so a pto pin was driven through the hole to get it out back to my work area to be fixed later . It made the short trip , but just barely and the tow valve was frozen tightly . As it turned out , the damage to the D was a much bigger issue..and cost 3 times as much in total . The pic doesn't do the damage any justice - that entire tongue was bent badly - Sand blasted , new tongue built and waiting for paint - Painted , as it sits now awaiting the lights , wiring and re-install the floor decking . All the while - got more work done on the D's pump problem . Found a great used pump , as well as a spare coupling in good shape . After a lot of machine work ($$$) we came up with a solution and everything was back together... After all this I found that both the original mufflers were completely shot and falling apart - so another project ... Bought a pair of 180* mandrel bends , two cone transitions and a pair of @jimkemp 8" mufflers (very nice, btw) . Fabricated the flanges for the engine's exhaust ports , as well as the pipes for the stacks - Spent a lot of time rolling the engine over on the starter to slowly prime the pump back up and finally , after several months - fired Big Ugly to test the exhaust before painting the stacks . No leaks from the hydro thanks to some new o-rings and backer rings from @pfrederi on the hydro manifold , that was a big relief . A bit shocked at the sound of the big opposed twin - somewhat like a Harley running on the choke or something - but overall not obnoxious or too loud .... D180 startup.mp4 If you don't want to wait for the MP4 to load - here's the YouTube link - I don't think the camera's microphone will show the sound too well , but so far I like it . Took a ride around the block , nice having this beast back up and running , finally . Now to finish that dumb trailer....pretty much wasted nearly the whole summer getting all of this done plus the hours at work . I'm about ready for a break but need to get ready for winter . Sarge
  2. Its time to get this stack thread on the move. It would also be nice to include the make and model of the exhaust used. LETS SEE WHAT YOU GOT!!! Heres mine (IH-1 Tsc Faemall Cub Muffler) dont forget the rain cap lol.
×