Sign in to follow this  
here 4 the horses

607 narrow front conversion

here 4 the horses

ok im a newbie....and iv been doin some research on here and i see some ppeople have some wheel horses with tricycle font ends..im interested in doin that anyone now how or where to get it done??? :hide:

pond195520032003

let me be the first to say :hide: also for the tricycle conversion :hide:

TT would be the best person to ask along with Brrly :D

TJ

:hide:

Duff

:D ! Glad to have you aboard!

As the guys said, TT and Brrly are the people in the know when it comes to trikes!

Again, :hide: !

Duff :hide:

TT

I'm not trying to blow this off, but the 14 months I spent thinking, planning, drawing, gathering parts, cutting, welding, grinding, fitting, changing, breaking, and swearing (occasionally) would never be able to be put into words. (at least not by my fingers :hide: )

I will give you a hint though...... roller chain and sprockets.

You will have to do the rest to fit your resources and abilities.

Here's 2000 words worth of pictures:

fb566c0e.jpg

trike16152408005.jpg

DMESS

I just realized something TT. Had Wheel Horse tried this from the factory the engineers would have done the same thing. Of course they would have adhered to the strict Pond engineering creedo and used a v belt and 9 pullies. :hide:

TT

A V-belt that is 197.145" long, NLA, and not available in the aftermarket ? :hide:

DMESS

A V-belt that is 197.145" long, NLA, and not available in the aftermarket ? :hide:

Yep, that's the one! :D

here 4 the horses

TT.............thanks i like the pics!!....have anymore???.....the front piece that the wheels are on did u fabricate that piece togather and then weld it onto the tractor??

TT

There's nothing on there that I DIDN'T fabricate or modify in one way or another.

The frame extension is a piece of 4" channel welded to the underside of the frame rails - after all of the original front axle mounts were removed.

As far as more pictures go - no, I don't have anything of the building stages - just a few of the finished tractor. (well, it's not technically finished, but it runs, moves, and works now.)

Nick

If your looking for something simple and fast you can just use pipe on the front and tie into the existing steering. This was a parts tractor I threw a front under in a weekend.

graderweb8.jpg

T-Mo

Here 4 the Horses,

:hide: Glad you found us.

TT,

I don't think I've seen the exact details of your trike like that one picture shows. I remember some of the gist of it, but I must have been "out" the day you posted that picture. And btw, that's also an awesome shot of the two tractors. It must be a candidate for next year's calendar.

Nick,

Can you show us more details of that steering on yours?

jerrell

:D T T you, gave away your secret, the pic are great, and looks an easy make,BUT when you get into it, you find that it is not so easy, good job :hide:

Nick

T-MO,

The 502 was a parts tractor but as it sat with a block under it I liked the look. So I pulled it in the shop and to start with stuck a Z mower swivel spindle under it and a 1.5hp lauson for an engine. Later I changed it to a normal narrow front.

At the steering drop up front I just cut it in half then put a twist in it. A short tie rod connected to an arm on the front wheel mount. Simple and not much engineering. :hide:

Looks as if I lost some pictures so this is the best I could find. Might still help make some since out of my description of the steering. :hide:

P1010003.jpg502fender002.jpg502fender001.jpg

One more note I thought of mentioning last night. With a lighter engine and no cast front axle the front end can become very light. Front weight or wheelie bars might not be a bad idea. Why do I know this... Driving around marveling how 1.5hp could push a light narrow front tractor through piles of snow I suddenly found myself laying in the snow with the tractor standing straight up in the air. :D Oh, and gas pouring out of the cap to boot. :omg:

chris11

trike16152408005.jpg

TT do you have a good picture of that puller, with the black hood decal?

TT

TT do you have a good picture of that puller, with the black hood decal?

It's not technically a decal. The black is painted on and the lettering & outline pinstripe are vinyl.

Sep16129.jpg

chris11

That is great looking . do you mind if i copy it?

TT

I haven't owned that tractor in a year and a half and I doubt that the current owner would care. (Eldon - do you care? :notworthy: )

I actually "copied" the shape of the original 60's woodgrain decals for the black area and had my local sign shop stretch & tilt the 60's Wheel Horse script and make it the size I needed. The outline is just 3M pinstripe.